“Clean, Contemporary, and different”

aloft Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #58 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have to say, I am shocked by the negative reviews regarding the cleanliness of this location. Perhaps reviewers are confusing minimalistic, contemporary, and the urban loft-like design as "dirty?" Personally, I did not see any sign of dirt, wear and tear, or neglect anywhere in this hotel. The lobby and common areas were urban-contemporary, and I found them to be fun and inviting. There is seating just about everywhere, and it beckons guests to sit and relax or congregate. The pool looked clean, and the exercise room was adequate. There was not an abundance of exercise equipment, but what they had was nicely maintained and in working order. There was a very nice outdoor seating area, complete with a fireplace. The room was enormous in size, and again, it had an urban loft feel. The Internet and TV both worked well, and the bedding and beds were clean and comfortable. The bathroom included an iron and ironing board, coffee, maker, safe, and hair dryer. The shower was very modern and clean, but there was no bathtub. The room was extremely clean, and I experienced no problems. There was a small bar, as well as a small area dedicated to snacks. However, there is no cafe or restaurant located in the hotel. There are restaurants in two of the hotels within the complex. Both hotels are a one to two minute walk at most. I have never stayed at an Aloft before, but I will go out of my way to return to one the next chance I have.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Clay C,
We're thrilled to hear you gave Aloft Hotels a try and enjoyed your stay here in Philadelphia. we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Overall I give it a 4.

The look of the hotel was very nice and modern. I loved the decor from top to bottom, and it was a very comfortable atmostphere. The parking pricing was a little confusing though.

The staff was very friendly BUT when we arrived at the hotel to check in, they said the rooms were still being cleaned and we would be able to go to it within 15 minutes. We actually sat there for almost an hour after the check in time.

The room decor was awesome! But, I happened to look on http://bedbugregistry.com and see that they had a complaint of bed bugs which creeped me out, and I didn't sleep the whole night. I did go downstairs in the middle of the night to get something to drink and seen there was a party downstairs in the lobby. It didn't bother me,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at a few ALoft hotels. They are all the same, so you have to know what you are signing up for.
You will enter and see someone at a circle island, surrounded by cool Ikea looking everything, kind of like what "MTV cribs: Dorm, might look like. Low lighting, neon, a bar, pool table, cool outdoor seating. And, club music turned down to a reasonable level.
Your room will be small but very well utilized, nothing space wise is overlooked.
Walls are thin, you will hear your neighbors alarm clock and think its your own.

This ALoft was like the others I've been to. It could have used a little more attention to how the bathroom was cleaned. I think it's the tile they use, as I've noticed this in each one.

There is a parking fee: $12.00 per day, so be sure to factor that in to your choice.

Overall, cool place, near the airport,

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear ncreviews,
Thank you for your honest feedback and comments regarding your recent visit to Philadelphia. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family and I loved Aloft. This was the first time we have stayed at one of these properties and found it very pleasing. In June, we had to make a trip to Philadelphia and stayed across the property in the Four Points Sheraton. There we found the staff unfriendly and unhelpful. At Aloft, though, we were greeted immediately and very courteously upon arrival. Check in (and check out) took less than a minute. We loved the postmodern decor, although the hangings in the elevators were a little odd--felt like we were in a padded room. It's nice to walk into a hotel room that isn't laid out like every other hotel room in America. The floor plan is thoughtfully designed. Our room faced the airport, but we didn't hear any airport noise during our stay even though the airport was busy. We used the indoor pool (which was colder than we expected) and free wifi. Parking was a reasonable at $12 for 24 hours. (As an aside, we have a hybrid and Aloft has two spaces reserved for hybrids. One of the spaces was being used by a gas guzzler so we couldn't park there. We appreciated the gesture, though.)

Even if you're not flying into or out of Philadelphia (as we weren't), consider staying here and taking the airport shuttle to the train at the airport. It's convenient and only costs $11 for a round-trip ticket into the center of the city. There are special family deals, too. Just ask the conductor.

The only negative about staying in this area is the lack of restaurant choices, although you can hop on the Interstate and find some in a short drive. It would be nicer if there were more that were closer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jsctraveler
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear JSCTraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Philadelphia area. We're thrilled to hear that you gave Aloft Hotels a try and loved it! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Rooms are getting a little tired, but this is still a wonderful hotel. My company has a partnership with the hotel. The staff went out of their way to make sure my company's stay was valued. Free drink, free breakfast, free parking. All written on personally signed letters welcoming me to the property. Not too shabby!

Pro's - Friendliest bartender ever (Cesar), Quick to respond to maintenance issues with room, good workout facilities. Friendly front desk staff.

Con's - You could do a lot worse at other airport locations, stick to this one.

Room Tip: Visit Cesar at the bar for a drink and some great conversation.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Needed an overnight stay on discount to take care of business and this hotel offered it. I knew the location because I have been to the vicinity before. It's a good distance away from Center City but a great location if you need to be close to the airport or the sports facilities. As I first walked in, there was garbage that was stuffed outside the trash cans which was a turn off. But as I dropped the bags and left the hotel to handle business, a maintenance worker took care of it ASAP which was a positive. The rooms are small and retro. They made use of every inch of space. Being involved in Real Estate it gave me wonderful ideas. Lol It was a great start over all. The one setback is parking. You come in late, you are sharing the parking lot with 3 other hotels. It can be brutal! My stay was really nice overall.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had an early morning flight out of Philadelphia, so I wanted to stay near the airport. I have enjoyed Aloft's in other cities, so I hoped to have a similar experience here.

Pros - location, gym, bar (Cesar was great), plenty of snacks for purchase
Cons - very loud A/C unit, the first room I entered hadn't been cleaned and was a mess (but I did get another room quickly), the bar oven was broken - so no food

I have had better experiences at Aloft Hotels, but this is probably one of the best options near the airport.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask that your room not face the bar patio and that it is away from the e...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valerie p,
Thank you for taking the time to write an online review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, W XYZ Bar, and fitness center. We apologize for the inconveniences our broken oven may have caused and sorry that your room did not meet your initial expectations. Thank you for passing on the information. We have forwarded your comments to our team and will look to make improvements. Thanks so much and we hope to welcome you back soon.