aloft Philadelphia Airport
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbliss productsstarwood hotelsphiladelphia airportan early morning flightindoor poolone night staywake up callbed was comfortablefree shuttlelobby areacenter cityhipphl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I needed a hotel close to the airport for an early flight, and I wanted a hotel with an airport shuttle. Aloft met both of these requirements. I had been intrigued by the look of the hotel in the past, so I was looking forward to the aloft experience. I made my reservation (king bed, non-smoking) using a discount online booking service, and then called the hotel to confirm my reservation and to notify them I'd be a late arrival. I reached the front desk and was abruptly transferred to someone in reservations, who confirmed my reservation, made a note that I'd be arriving late, and then hung up on me.

The woman who checked me in was nice, but seemed to be reciting from a script as she checked me in. If I had plans to stay longer, and if I wasn't so tired, I would have asked for a different room. I was given a room (103) on the first floor, with windows looking right out onto the parking lot. The hallway had a strange smell, and the room itself smelled of cigarette smoke. There was something sticky on the bedside table, and hair on the bathroom floor. The a/c unit was very loud. There were cobwebs, and there was a bug on the ceiling. Overall, the hotel could benefit from a little sprucing up. But, the bed was comfortable, and the towels were nice.

In the morning, when I checked out, the woman at the front desk was pleasant, and the man in the breakfast area was, too (breakfast is not included; I purchased an apple and a Power Bar). The shuttle driver was wonderful...kind and helpful, and the shuttle was prompt.

The hotel is different...more of a boutique/European style. That can be fun and nice. But I think this aloft hotel could be a much better experience if the management pays a little more attention to the details.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Deidra R
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Deidra R,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in the Philadelphia area. We have shared your comments with our team to ensure that all guests receive the same great service. We appreciate your feedback and know that we will only improve with the help of comments like yours. Hopefully, we can host you again on a future trip.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Aloft in various cities. This one appeared a little 'older', with the shower stall showing signs of age. No surprises though, got what I paid for. Clean and convenient. The Wired magazine makes for great airplane reading after the stay.
Printer was not working to print my boarding pass, and the front desk printer was not working either, when I checked out wanting my statement. Minor inconvenience. Like the seating area to have a drink in the evening, relaxing and comfy seats.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Anne A,

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your recent Philadelphia trip. We are glad you enjoyed yourself even though you experienced some minor inconveniences. We appreciated your patience and we hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

First, I'm going with the negative - this place is easy to find, but hard to get to. The entrance to the parking lot is not really well marked. We drove in circles a couple of times to find it.

There are no restaurants very close.

The handle on the shower door needed tightening.

And here's my only real complaint: The mixed drinks are wicked expensive at the bar ($10.50 for a Tanqueray and Tonic?).

There, done with the negative.

We stayed at the Aloft during a weekend in Philly. Once again, I was pleased with the hotel, the room, and the staff. The pool was kind of small, but that's not a big deal, my son was a little disappointed because a bunch of kids got there before us, and took up most of the room.

The location of the hotel is perfect if you are flying in or out of Philly, and need a place to crash.

The room was clean, quiet, and well equipped. The bathroom coffee was excellent, and the shower was outstanding.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Join Starwood Preferred Guest Program.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Murbike,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, even with a few instances that did not meet your expectations. We hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Arrived at 4 PM and room was not ready...reception fixed within 5 minutes....this was the highlight of our stay. Our room was a handicapped accessible room. The beds are very low....about 20 from the floor. This is difficult for anyone that walks with canes. The roll in shower was OK for a wheelchair but did not have a fold down seat which is normal. Had a heavy sliding door without a handle on the inside of the shower/toilet area and is a challenge for the handicapped. Price was good....when we get to the property we find that it cost guests $12.00 per day to park....the continental breakfast that most properties include was an extra charge, was less than the included with most other chains. Adding parking and breakfast to the room cost....this hotel is now higher priced than most others.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Chet H
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Chet H,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent Philadelphia trip. We have shared your guest room comments with our Engineering team and we appreciate your feedback. Please note that we do have room rate packages that include breakfast or parking on our Special Offers page. The next time you are visiting our area, I am sure we can find you the right package that suits your needs.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Aloft is a modern, trendy hotel with sleek designs and a comfortable lobby. The rooms are spacious and clean. It is located close to Philadelphia and the Camden waterfront. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. No breakfast is included but there are food items for purchase. Paying an extra $12 to park was a bit much since we had two cars. Would like to see a break in price for hotel guests but overpriced parking is typical for Philly. Overall a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: June 2013