“Not even for a quick night stay”

aloft Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #56 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The outside of the hotel looks really nice, even the lobby looks nice and modern but as you go through the lobby to the room and enter the room you see everything is cheaply made.The hallways to the rooms had crumbs all in the carpet, which means they arent keeping up with the cleanliness of the hotel. The beds are so low to the ground and super soft. When we first got there we had toget the sheets changed since when we pulled the covers back there was strands of hair in the bed and even under the sheets. I must say housekeeping was nice and apologized for it, but still thats just nasty. The shower had a fruit fly that just wouldnt disappear. Although we stayed for just one night,I would not stay there ever again and would highly recommend they keep it a lil more tidy and clean. We were so turned off we left before check out time.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The W inspired Aloft is truly modern and cool, with comfort. I had an early am flight scheduled out PHL and needed a good nights sleep. This place is really quite *hip* for the "standard hotel next to an airport". The lobby was busy, with a beautiful bar. As soon as I headed towards my hotel room, the hallways were quiet, and I tucked in for a good night's sleep.

Something to keep in mind is that it literally is across the street from the runway. So, light sleepers may have a little trouble drifting off to sleep with the sound of planes taking off into the night...

That aside, you can ask for a room on the other side of the building, which may abate some of the sound.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the runway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My parents, sister and myself stayed at this hotel the summer of 2009 and were absolutely amazed when we walked through the hotel room door. We travel alot and we all said that this hotel was the nicest one we had ever stayed at. The only problem was that on the night of our arrival, there was a party going on and it was loud and the lobby was crammed with people. There was something said about it being Will Smith's party, but the celebrity was never seen. The room was very contemporary and modern. The bathroom was something i had never seen before. It was the length of our entire hotel room, had a sliding mirror door to get in to the sinks and another seperate door for the standing only shower and toilet. I was very impressed with the comfort of the beds and the layout of the room overall.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had stayed at the hotel in October with my bf. The room was on the smaller side but very comfortable, clean and modern. The location was good, right by the airport. For us, the noise of the airplanes did not bother us. Once and awhile you noticed it but nothing crazy that we couldn’t sleep. But what do you expect you’re by an airport. They have a really nice shower with a sliding door for privacy. No lock on the door but it slides shut for privacy. Also had a fridge which was a plus as well as a coffee maker :) Down in the lobby they had a station called refresh, and that was really cool. You could get food, snacks and ice cream. That made it easy because you didn’t have to leave the hotel to get snacks if you were hungry. They had an outside sitting area which was really chic and modern. It was nice to watch the planes fly in. Another awesome feature was they had a 24 hr. gym and it was a nice one. Not sure about the pool hrs. but they had a nice sized pool there as well. Only problem we had encountered was with the gate. We could never get it to work when we left and entered, Always had to bug the poor girl inside to open it for us. Other than that it was a beautiful modern hotel with great amenities, clean rooms and a friendly sharply dressed staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again. I loved how modern this hotel was and how it had everything we needed that I actually want to go to some of their other hotels in random states just to try them out too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were small but had all you could want. Loved the floor to ceiling mirrors. Plugs for electronics were on the desk no crawling on the floor to recharge my phone. Free wifi had decent speed. Did not have to wait for hot water in the shower. Wish staff could have been more welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Was forced out of my home due to hurricane Sandy. So I went on Priceline to look for a last minute hotel. Aloft was it. At first I was excited as the hotel looked clean and contemporary. Clean was were the comfort ends. My first night I could not sleep as their heating unit are loud. I mean loud. I have to leave the room to make a phone call. I could not sleep a leak at night and I went to a neighborhood Pizza Hut to hang out during the day and make calls as my room was too loud. When I complained. I was switched to a different room. Even worse. It was so bad I recorded the sound it made for future reference. They sent the engineer up to look at the AC/heating unit and he agreed rhat it was indeed loud and said he was going to switch it out for a new one. That did not happen. Instead hours later, a "chief engineer" came by to tell me that's how all the units for that property are and that the neighboring four points and Sheraton has quiet units. They (Erica the supervisor and the chief engineer) proceeded to tell me that if I want quiet I should turn the heat off in this 30/40 degrees weather. I left my home in search of comfort and I ended up in a dump. The service from Erica was terrible and the noise was just unacceptable. If I hadn't stayed in a Starwood preferred hotel before, after Aloft I never ever would stay in one in the future. Not to mention, the beds are not comfortable at all. This place is horrible. Terrible! If you are in search of warmth, peace & quiet, stay away from Aloft Philadelphia

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was nervous going to another Aloft because my time At Aloft BWi was incredible. I wasnt sure the service was going to be as great. IT WAS. I LOVED my short stay there. The staff is lovely. Cleaning was prompt and always available to bring what i requested.

The bartender was on a mission to prove their bar was just as fun as bwi! The drinks were great, hot food came out fast. I was really satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo