“Nice hotel for stadium events or airport access.”

aloft Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #56 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a lovely hotel if you need are attending an event at the Wells Fargo center or need to be close to the airport. The decor is modern, sleek, minimalistic - like many newer European hotels.
The staff is wonderful and, the rooms are spotless. The hotel has 24 hour prepackaged snacks, which is necessary because there isn't anything to walk to nearby. The hotel shares a parking lot with other hotels, but they have very limited meal hours. There is a Ruby Tuesday off-site but you need to drive, walking looks unsafe because if traffic / it is a short distance, though. The hotel has a small but well-equipped gym and a small indoor pool. Overall a clean, comfortable and pleasant experience.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a great place to spend the night before an early flight. The rooms are nice, beds comfortable, and the van ride to the airport is short. The even let you leave your car in the parking lot for a few dollars more.
Its not a hotel with a lot of extras to offer, just a clean fresh ,'hip' place to stay, I'll be back again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a great little hotel close to the airport. The well appointed room was very clean and comfortable. The only thing I did not like was that the lighting system is not truly separate from the bath area and the sleeping area, so me getting up early to take a shower meant lots of light bleeding to my sleeping wife.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed in an Aloft in Baltimore and loved it so we always look for Alofts when we travel. We needed some place to stay to see a concert at the Wells Fargo center. This was a great place. It is looking a bit worn on the edges but it is still really nice. 99% of the staff was an absolute pleasure to deal with, with the exception of one overnight desk person, who was a little bit short with me. Room was clean, free bottled water each day, housekeeping unintrusive yet prompt, shower a bit worn, but nice, and I always love the Bliss toiletries. Easy access to the highway and all the places we wanted to go. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We loved this hotel!!! If you want a trendy, modern hotel with "how can we help you staff" (even when they were off duty) - this is the place to stay. The hotel room set allows for lots of outside light, many plugs for charging your devices, includes a frig, great shower, a safe and large flat screen TV. We also used the pool and exercise rooms - nicely done! We were in town for a 5 day family event and did a car/hotel package through Orbitz - great value. We enjoyed having the rental car so we could explore Philly on our own. There isn't a restaurant but there is a "pantry" area that does have better than the norm snacks and freshly made hot breakfast sandwiches to "grab and go... We always travel with instant oatmeal and were able to use their cups, spoons and hot water to start our day in a familiar style. We will be back next time we go to Philly!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. The bar area can be loud so ask for a room on the 4th or 5th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife just stayed at this hotel. She said she really liked it, but they put a charge authorization on our card for $50. I don't agree with this practice. I've stayed at hotels before and they always take your card number, but they're not supposed to charge you unless you've damaged something. Told my wife she would not be staying there again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

If you want a cool, modern and high-energy hotel near PHL, this is a good choice. I stayed at this hotel for a night on a Thursday. The lobby bar was jamming with music and guests partying when I checked in at 10 pm. Check-in was fast and easy. I like their modern room design - simple and smart. My room was clean and well-kept.
Hotel offers complimentary airport shuttle service every 20 mins. Their shuttle buses do fill up as they pick up guests from 4 Points & Sheraton too. Fortunately, Aloft is their 1st pickup stop.
Hotel also offers complimentary WiFi (good connection), but not breakfast. However, they have a snack store in the lobby with some healthy food choices.
I would consider staying at this hotel again for the fun and energy. But I would not choose this hotel when I am travelling with family (kids). It feels like a 'club' hotel, and partying guests are LOUD. During my stay, the hotel lobby and courtyard was filled with loud chatty guests. At 5am, I could hear a guest shouting in the hallway giving breakfast orders to his spouse. The hotel bed was comfortable, but I didn't sleep well because of the noisy guests.
It could be a good hotel choice if you are in the partying mood!

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard can be noisy. I stayed in room 312 and I could hear guests partying in the c...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo