“Great Hotel to Sleep, park and Fly”

aloft Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #56 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed at Aloft because i had a 5:50am flight the next day. I wish I had more time to enjoy the hotel. It was clean, updated and modern, comfortable and the rooms are quite large. I would definitely stay here again and will also consider another early flight from philly airport because I know I can stay here. I left my car at the hotel, included in the room price, and the shuttle brought me back there to get my car upon my return to Philly.

1  Thank flashbridgewater
Diggy7199, Manager at aloft Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Good Afternoon

Thank you so much for the very positive feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Aloft, PHL. Please feel free to take adavantage on your next trip of our limited time offer of bonus 500 SPG points when you book the rate online on our website.
If I may assist you with anything at all, please let me know

Priyanka Saran
Business Travel Sales manager
priyanka.saran@sheraton.com

There are newer reviews for aloft Philadelphia Airport

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have never stayed at an Aloft before but was familiar with their attempt to serve a younger clientele. I am in my early 30s and travel semi-regularly for work so I know my way around a chain hotel. The decor is modern and looks like it was inspired by Ikea. It is a nice break from floral patterns and tired wall art. The room is kind of weird. It has a glass wall of the shower facing the outside of the room. It is totally frosted and private but still weird. Also, the glass shower stall doesn't seal and has no gaskets around the edge, leaving puddles of water in the adjacent water closet (aka small room where the toilet is). Said water closet is accessed by a sliding pocket door that is a bit teetering and unstable. You can easily rip it off its hinges if you aren't gentle. Also, said sliding door never fully closes 100%, making it awkward if you are bunking with someone you aren't very close with. The shower has Bliss products, which are in environmentally friendly pumps in the shower. I rely on hotel shampoos for ease of flying with liquids. I was greatly annoyed as a long haired female to discover an all in one combo shampoo/conditioner. Anyone with hair longer than 5 inches knows that stuff doesn't work well and I was left wrangling lots of tangles until I could hightail it down to the nearest drugstore to buy proper shampoo/conditioner.

Now to the lobby- some slacker parents were letting their obnoxious kids run around the lobby, as they were apparently elated by the single pool table available. Not that bad parenting reflects poorly upon the hotel, but it certainly kills the vibe that Aloft is trying to create in their lobby/bar. By the way, the bar, as with all hotels, is overpriced ($18 for one shot of a $40 bottle of tequila? Really, Aloft?). The bar has a door leading to a courtyard with seats, though it was way too hot for that the day I visited. The other side of the courtyard is the indoor pool. Unfortunately I witnessed a couple getting their, um, romance on, in that area so I declined to use it after that. The pool area is completely on display to the courtyard if you have problems with being on display. The fitness center was nice and clean with modern equipment and even had little ear buds available if you forgot yours.

Their cafe area is also overpriced ($2.50 for Powerade, $8 for a frozen Amy's meal, $8 for a pint of Ben & Jerry's, etc.) but a fridge is provided in each room so do yourself a favor and hit the grocery store instead.

All in all, a decent hotel with costly extras. It is right across from the airport and I heard zero noise, which is always nice!

1  Thank ElectricBugaboo

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking time to write a detailed review of the Aloft, PHL Airport. I am glad that you like some of the concepts at the Aloft. Perhaps on your next stay with us, you can give the Sheraton Suites or the Four Points a try as well. Both of these hotels have great restaurants to have sit down breakfast, lunch or dinner. The bar prices here are nominal as well. Also, on your next trip, take advantage of our limited time offer to earn a bonus of 500 SPG points per stay. Log on to the Aloft web page in the Special offers tab to book your room. Please feel free to reach out to me if you need anything else.

Priyanka Saran
Business Travel Sales Manager
priyanka.saran@sheraton.com

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great hotel, quick in & out, efficient breakfast buffet and slightly hip

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We booked this through priceline, so the price we paid was $55 - a great bargain. Staff was extremely helpful, curteous and professional. No restaurant on site, but bar was open and eateries within a block in other hotels. 5 minutes from airport, and shuttle comes every 20 minutes 24/7.

Room itself was dark, even with reading lights on. Bathroom needed work but was clean. All guests have option of playing pool free in the lobby. I've never seen that before. I thought we might hear airplanes since it it so close to the airport, but room was wonderfully quiet. Large TV.

Overall it was perfect for one overnight stay before a flight at PHL.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brutus6623
Reviewed July 11, 2012

very friendly and helpful staff. pet friendly. and cool aesthetics . could not have been more convenient to the airport ......just wish i would have had more time to relax there . oh yes also and a very good value !!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Ok, so we have stayed several times for 1 to 2 nights at the Hilton Philadelphia Airport which is right next door to the ALOFT. We finally decided to try the Aloft on our next trip through PHL and were very disappointed.

While the vibe is modern / contemporary / trendy, it falls short and leaves the rooms feeling like a nice dorm room. When you turn on the light in the bathroom, the entire room lights up as it is "open" and since the rooms are small, as expected, you would wake up your companion. No real "closet" either nor iron, etc. Bed was comfortable. Not bad for a 1 night quick stay, but we had to stay 2 nights, and would not do this again. Not for $200+ per night. Should have stayed at the Le Meridien in town for $207, which is much better hotel, where we have stayed before.

The airport shuttle took a little longer than anticipated, and then when they did pick me up, they forgot me on the bus and had to turn around to take me back as I was the only one staying at the Aloft!!

Price does not match this hotel. For $75 or less a night, I might consider it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed between business trips inside of driving home between flights for a few hours. Awesome front desk staff and fun contemporary decor.

• Stayed: June 2012