All reviewsbliss productsstarwood hotelsphiladelphia airportan early morning flightpark and flyone night stayindoor poolwake up callbed was comfortablefree shuttlelobby areashuttle servicehipphlconcertuber
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Had an overnight layover in Philly and booked a room at ALoft. This was my first time staying at one of these properties and based on the mixed reviews I was not expecting too much, I really just wanted a cheap convenient place to stay.

Shuttle came right away and we were at the hotel in minutes. The decor is very modern/trendy kind of fun. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and clean. There were two great big windows in the room. Fridge, coffee maker, safe (free) and Bliss brand bathroom amenities. Loved the modern minimalist feel of the room and the bed was very comfy.

Only down side for me was lack of restaurant but they did have a snack bar with things you could purchase. Reception recommended the restaurant at Sheraton Suites which shares the same parking lot. Had a really good burger there but definitely pricey.

Morning shuttle to airport was exactly on time and got me there in 5 minutes.

I highly recommend for anyone needing a good but reasonably priced airport hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank nicotags
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Don't take 3 stars as bad. Its just an average hotel.

Check in
I was there at 9am and they took my bags before I went off to the convention. They also gave me a ride to the airport to catch the train.
When I showed up later I was up to my room right away.

Room
They are the funky aloft rooms that everyone talks about. No problems. I thought I would hear a lot of planes but surprisingly I did not.

Bathroom
I didn't have any problems and had hot water right away. I guess I was lucky with no mold, blood or hair in my shower. Maybe the rooms are cleaner on the preferred guest floor.

Shuttle
Big problem here. The shuttle only runs about every 20-30 minutes and it fills up right away during prime time. I really wish they would have told me that and I would have taken an earlier shuttle rather than cut it close to get to the hotel. I know its not the hotels fault but I wish they would have given a heads up when I asked about the times it ran.
There are 3 Sheraton hotels in the complex and the shuttle picks up from all 3.

Internet
I had some problems with the internet being pretty slow during the afternoon when it should be heavily used.

TV
Decent amount of channels. They use lodgenet which has to be the worst thing ever invented for TV. The only thing that makes it better is the iphone app to change the channels.

Workout
They do have a nice workout room. I liked it a lot for my lazy travel workouts.

Overall
No problems and since I like to stay at Starwood I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank morganrep
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Spending the night here before flight. It is gross..the bathroom has mold in shower, and carpet is dirty, hallways and common areas could use a good scrub. I asked the girl at front desk, "is this CLEAN" before I checked in, as the lobby was scruffy. I said - "I am anal about clean..." she just said- YES, we are very clean. Well, her idea of clean, and mine are not the same. Just spent 56 days in Marriott Residence Inn in Texas, saw there was one right down the street- wish I would have seen it first. I let you know if the little bugs flying around my room bite...yuck.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The good: Friendly service at front desk. Very nice public lounge areas both indoors and outdoors. A little trendy for the older set, and definitely loud in the lobby (no carpeting, there is an echo), but lots of seating and I really liked the outdoor courtyard area. Huge shower with high-quality shampoo and shower gel dispensers on the wall, I loved that.

The bad: I was traveling with a friend and we both like to keep a small light on near the bathroom at night so we don't trip all over everything if we need to get up. Not possible here, it is all or nothing. There is separate lighting in the bed area and the bathroom area but it is still really bright fluorescent lighting that I couldn't sleep with even with a mask over my eyes. Had to turn off the lights and hope for the best.

The ugly: When I got up in the night and stumbled my way to the bathroom, the toilet was not working, would not flush! Gah! And then the next morning when I went to take a shower the drain wasn't working properly. We had noticed that there was some soap film on the shower floor when we checked in, that is gross enough. I could see why though as I was standing there in ankle-deep soapy water. And finally, only one of the two elevators were working. When my friend went downstairs in the morning to get some coffee (and use the restroom since ours was out of order) the cleaning crews were jumping in front of her to get on the working elevator! Crazy! Her husband is a platinum-level member of this hotel group because he travels all the time for work, and this is the room they gave him? And the cleaning crew jumping in front of guests to get on the one working elevator? Will probably choose a different hotel next time!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I normally stay at Hiltons, but this looked liked a trendy designer hotel that might be worth a try, On check in we found the AC in our room was out and the tilet was leaking from the seal at the floor. Not a good first impression, the AC issue was coorected by hotel maintenance, but the toilet would have to wait as the hotel was fully booked. The interior of the room was a hodge podge of designer fixtures and cheap Ikea style furnishings. The bathroom & shower were nice, but the shower lacked ventialtion and independent lighting from the rest of the room. Not very well desogned, geared towards a younger crowd that doesn't need to use facilities during the night. They are giving it a good try with service & style,, but still have a way yet to go.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business