All reviewsbliss productsstarwood hotelsphiladelphia airportan early morning flightpark and flyone night stayindoor poolwake up callbed was comfortablefree shuttlelobby areashuttle servicehipphlconcertuber
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed at the 'aloft' in Philadelphia for the first time. I'd heard about these. A fun and a bit eclectic place. For a business trip, was probably a little bit loud for me, but others might love that. The lobby and elevators have relatively loud, modern music which would be great if I was heading to a concert or fun event. I loved my room, the modern feel. Hooked my computer up to the flat screen tv which was a fun novelty.

We had drinks in the bar, the drinks were good and it was a fun but loud atmoshphere. The food we had anyway was prepackaged which surprised me. We got in late and I ordered a chicken ceasar salad which came in a plastic clamshell, not what I was expecting. If you need to eat at the hotel and that isn't for you, walk across the street to their sister property which has full service options.

The outdoor swimming pool was tempting, weather too cool when we were there. A fun/hip/trendy place overall. I probably didn't need for this trip but to meet a group and have a fun Philly weekend this could be the place. The airport shuttle was fast and courteous.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We called Aloft's reservation line and were told we were going to get a room on a high floor with a balcony. After waiting 30 minutes in line to check in, we were given a room on floor 2 and told they had no balconies. The staff did nothing to clear this up, not even a sorry.

We walk in the room to find the carpet totally stained and the sheets with large yellow stains. The front desk moved us to another room but were not nice about it. The next room had clean sheets, but the carpet was still stained. We gave up and went downstairs to their cafe/deli thing for food. What do you know? The sandwich makes us sick.

If you're looking for what appears to be a 90s hotel in terrible condition but filled with low quality ikea furnishings and a ghetto club downstairs, by all means, endure the rude staff and bodily fluid stains and enjoy your stay at Aloft!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank homehomehome
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed here for one night before an early morning flight. The room was fantastic (big, clean, cool decor, big bathroom, great amenities) and the beds very comfortable (firm mattress and lots of pillows). I don't usually sleep well before a very early flight - but slept like a log this time around. There is some noise from the airport (planes landing and taking off). However this is to be expected given the proximity and you should bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

We used the internet access both on our two netbooks (in the room and in the lobby) and on the supplied PCs in the lobby. No issues connecting or working.

My only complaint would be that services wasn't what I would have expected. Getting information (example: shuttle departure times) felt like pulling teeth. At a place like this, I would expect more than a two word answer and wouldn't expect to have the exact same thing repeated to me again when I asked for more details. When we were leaving in the morning there was no one at reception to check us out and we came very close to missing our shuttle (we were there with plenty of time to spare). Not cool given this airport is geared towards airport layovers. I'm typically very low maintenance when it comes to service - but thought the aloft staff were way too sloppy and this didn't match the quality of the rest of the experience. Maybe we were just there on a bad day... (As an aside, the shuttle drivers were great. Friendly, accommodating and timely.)

As others have mentioned, on-site food options are limited and expensive. But once again, this is pretty typical of airport hotels.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2011

It enjoyed my stay. Checking in and out was easy and at reasonable times. The decor and details were fun. The room had a king size bed but was small. The bathroom did not have a fan and the shower could have been in better shape. No tub.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank sussyrae
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We had the worst time trying to find a reasonably price hotel for the Penn Relays weekend, however, my SPG membership led us to the Aloft. Loved this hotel, very modern and fun looking. Loved the walk-in shower with the Bliss Shower gel dispenser. Bed was very comfortable; however, there isn't a dresser in the room. Great room for a weekend, wouldn't recommend it for a week long trip when you want to get comfortable in the room (unpack fully and everything). Loved that there was a fridge in the room and a microwave available downstairs for 24/7 use (you don't know how stingy hotel are being with that now). Bar is overpriced (10 dollars 4 ounce cocktails), but the lounge area is gorgeous and relaxing. They do charge $7 a day for parking, but will validate your ticket as a hotel guest. Overall, for a weekend trip, I would definitely recommend the Aloft

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple