“Great dim sum”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Located in the heart of Philadelphia’s Chinatown, this restaurant serves excellent dim sum. There are no carts as the restaurant in a long narrow space, but the steamed and fried dumplings are made fresh and worth the wait. There are plenty of vegetarian choices and wonderful shrimp shu mai. The noodles with scallion sauce were extremely good. Nice friendly staff, who served the food the instant it was done and kept our water glasses filled. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

A guy we met on our tour told us to try David's in Chinatown although we went and they were closed so we asked a guy who looked like he lived close where we should go and he recommended Dim Sum Garden. The chive and pork pot stickers were delicious! My chicken fried rice was ok and my son's chicken on a stick was too overcooked. I'd go there again if we were in the area but I'd stick to just the pot stickers.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

A coworker of mine recommended this place after I said I’ve been dying to try soup dumplings. It did not disappoint. I went with my brother. We tried pork soup dumplings, beef dumplings, pork with sauce noodle, and pan fried potato pancake stuffed with beef. Everything was very tasty, but the dumplings were what really sold me. Both dumplings were great but the soup dumpling was so good. Part was that it was different (for me) and that the broth added a depth of flavor that don’t get with a regular dumpling. This was a Wednesday. On Monday I went back again with my brother and brought a friend too. Again we got pork soup dumplings and the pork with noodle sauce and in addition tried the crab and pork soup dumplings, the pork and chive dumplings, and a couple moon cakes. Again everything was very tasty but the winner were the soup dumplings. Specifically the just pork soup dumplings. The crab and pork were good but you didn’t really taste the crab, so you end up paying more for something that tastes the same as the basic pork. Regardless we still ate them all. This is a nice place for a good lunch or a casual dinner. People complained that it was cash only. Who cares. Hit an ATM before you go, if not they have one. It’s worth it. The three of us got five dishes that stuffed us to the brim along with some sodas and paid $18 a piece . .. with tip! Can’t beat it.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Very busy place. Had to wait in line for a table for around seven (7) minutes. They had our favorite tea, bo lai.
Of course, we had their famous soup dumpling (Xiao Long Bao). We tried their pork with briwn sauce and lo mein noodles. Plus gai lan in garlic sauce and hot and sour soup. Of course, we had other dim sum (shrimp dim sum, fried pork dumpling and steamed pork buns).
The bo lai tea did its job - wash down the food.
It’s always a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

The noodles are delicious, the food quality is excellent. Portions are generous and prices reasonable.