“Food to Die For”

Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Coupeville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Northwest cuisine featuring local seafood, produce, and Washington wines. Gluten free options and kids menus available. Reservations recommended. We are closed on Tuesdays.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had the pleasure of my first lunch at Christopher's on Whidbey on March 12, 2013, in the company of a great group of writers and artists. The wait staff is excellent; just the right amount of attention with no hovering. The decor is attractive without being pretentious. And the FOOD -- wow. I had the grilled turkey and havarti sandwich, while my driving companion enjoyed mussels in a wine/cream/garlic sauce. There were nine of us in the group and everyone raved about his or her lunch. Along with my excellent sandwich, accompanied by the very fresh house salad, I enjoyed a lovely glass of the house pinot noir.

Although I had been told by a friend that Christopher's was the "most expensive restaurant in Coupeville," I thought the prices were in line with many other good restaurants on Whidbey Island; not more and not less than one would expect to pay for a great meal. I recommend Christopher's on Whidbey to locals and visitors alike, and I look forward to returning.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We celebrated my husbands birthday with the Penn Cove Seafood Stew during the Loyal Customer Appreciation special. The stew was full of delicious, fresh seafood. The servings are so big that we had for lunch the following day as well. Our server was darling. The chef treated us to a special chocolate dessert accompanied by local raspberries! A perfect meal.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We found this restaurant on trip advisor and everyone is right, it is great! The servers were very nice and the atmosphere was romantic with a view. The food is awesome, massive portions. I had the pasta and my husband had the salmon special. We were both very pleased. Can't wait to go back to Coupeville and eat there again!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The mussels were great. The different soups are wonderful to have on a cold day. Although the waitress forgot to serve them to us, but that was made up quickly. The crepe was a disappointment however. it was cold and too thin.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were given a gift for Christmas to Christopher's and it is close to Oak Harbor, so we made reservations and had a dinner for two. The service was excellent and the wait staff was very attentive. I ordered a lamb shank and it was cooked just right. The Broccoli needed to be steamed just a little longer. My spouse ordered the special, a Pork Loin wrapped in Bacon with Au Gratin Potatoes, and she found them to be too salty and did not finish her meal. The salads were fine, although the pieces of lettuce could have been made smaller. If the food had been a little better we would have given them a five. The prices were reasonable. It was packed and people who didn't have reservations were turned away. We'd been warned that it is a little noisy, but we've encountered restaurants much louder. Overall it was good.