We just got back from spending 2 nights there for our anniversary. I'm not sure if it was the time of year or not but our experience was very poor. The young woman at check-in didn't know anything and I completely blame management for this. She never mentioned anything about the contential breakfast which we learned at check-out was included in the price. She didn't let us know that the dining room and bar were not open at all during our stay. We had expected them to be open. When I asked for our cabin key she said it was unlocked. It wasn't. The fireplace was all set with wood and a little newspaper but no extra paper and the wood was very hard to start. I finally called for more paper after we'd almost used up our paper towels. We did have our own private hot tub which we loved. However, the community hot tub was right on the other side of our bedroom and the motor kept turning off and on all night which woke us up. Plus we could hear every word being said. When the young woman brought more newspaper for the fire place I asked her where the switch was to turn off our hot tub and she said she didn't know because she thought it always stayed on. We wanted it turned off because it was noisey. After doing a little investigating we did find the switch. A different clerk at check-out said they don't take American Express, which is what I gave them at check-in, but the young woman accepted it and somehow ran it through or didn't know what to do when it wasn't accepted. My husband asked at check-out why the woman accepted it and all she said is that "she was trying to figure that out herself"!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Whidbey Inn is an enchanting log inn that was hand-built in 1907. Located on the shores of Penn Cove inside the Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the Inn is centrally located for nature enthusiasts, island explorers and those seeking the charm of historic Northwest towns by the sea. Activities popular with guests include hiking, kayaking, cycling, antiquing, horseback riding, fishing, wine-tasting, and beachcombing. With both rustic and modern accommodations, the Captain Whidbey Inn offers three types of lodging: quaint log-walled rooms in the inn itself, romantic private waterfront cabins, and the more modern Lagoon rooms. Guests staying at the Inn will enjoy the various water views on the property and from many guest rooms, on-site dining in our restaurant, a fun happy hour in the tavern, Complimentary continental breakfast, parking and WiFi are included in each reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Captain Whidbey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Whidbey Hotel Coupeville
- Captain Whidbey Inn Whidbey Island/Coupeville, WA