My boyfriend and I stayed at the Inn for one night on the recommedation of my parents who had stayed there a few years prior. The Inn was sold a little over a year ago and this is probably what has caused just a few little issues. Overall the Inn is beautiful and well worth staying at!
* Lagoon Suite room 22 - incredible views and a huge room
* The most AMAZING beds every - seriously the most comfortable thing I've slept on in years :)
* The property is really beautiful and soo quiet and relaxing
* The staff trys very hard to be helpful and were all really sweet
* It is an old Inn and the shower is TINY, even in the suite room
* The towels in the bathroom are unacceptable, small and rough - with that great of a bed, they need to invest in some decent bathroom amenities like towels and toiletries.
* The restaurant has been closed since the Inn was sold
* They only had 3 rooms booked when we were there and so they didn't bother to put out the continental breakfast - they just asked us what we wanted from a very SMALL selection. The banana nut muffins were out of a package.
* This Inn used to be known for it's food so they need to do something about this
Overall like I said - it's a beautiful place and worth a look and stay - they just need to focus on what made it so great with the previous owner and the finer details that travelers want.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Whidbey Inn is an enchanting log inn that was hand-built in 1907. Located on the shores of Penn Cove inside the Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the Inn is centrally located for nature enthusiasts, island explorers and those seeking the charm of historic Northwest towns by the sea. Activities popular with guests include hiking, kayaking, cycling, antiquing, horseback riding, fishing, wine-tasting, and beachcombing. With both rustic and modern accommodations, the Captain Whidbey Inn offers three types of lodging: quaint log-walled rooms in the inn itself, romantic private waterfront cabins, and the more modern Lagoon rooms. Guests staying at the Inn will enjoy the various water views on the property and from many guest rooms, on-site dining in our restaurant, a fun happy hour in the tavern, Complimentary continental breakfast, parking and WiFi are included in each reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Captain Whidbey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Whidbey Hotel Coupeville
- Captain Whidbey Inn Whidbey Island/Coupeville, WA