Captain Whidbey's Inn is a unique property nestled on a very lovely waterside stretch of Whidbey Island. Log cabin-type buildings, gravel paths, and a very lovely garden greet visitors. Madonna, the innkeeper, was very helpful and friendly. Our "Lagoon Room" was a rustic, TV-free room overlooking the lagoon. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The continental breakfast was decent but nothing special.
My one complaint was that the window coverings didn't do a good job keeping the morning sun out of our eyes. Other than that, Captain Whidbey's Inn is a lovely place to stay, especially if you enjoy spending vacation time relaxing at your hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Whidbey Inn is an enchanting log inn that was hand-built in 1907. Located on the shores of Penn Cove inside the Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the Inn is centrally located for nature enthusiasts, island explorers and those seeking the charm of historic Northwest towns by the sea. Activities popular with guests include hiking, kayaking, cycling, antiquing, horseback riding, fishing, wine-tasting, and beachcombing. With both rustic and modern accommodations, the Captain Whidbey Inn offers three types of lodging: quaint log-walled rooms in the inn itself, romantic private waterfront cabins, and the more modern Lagoon rooms. Guests staying at the Inn will enjoy the various water views on the property and from many guest rooms, on-site dining in our restaurant, a fun happy hour in the tavern, Complimentary continental breakfast, parking and WiFi are included in each reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Captain Whidbey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Whidbey Hotel Coupeville
- Captain Whidbey Inn Whidbey Island/Coupeville, WA