This was our first trip to Whidbey Island as a couple. I had visited the island several times as a kid but we always were camping, so we gave the Inn a try. The exterior and grounds are very welcoming, relaxing, and charming. The lower part of the lodge was the same, very unique and welcoming, and the gal who checked us in was great. The building is old but clean, and it has its quirks such as the narrow stairways. Upstairs has a sitting area and large corridor leading to the rooms. The room itself was small, but I would imagine that was the standard for the time. The Inn rooms do share common bathrooms but they were clean and well kept. It just was a change for us, as this wouldnt normally be our preference but it worked. It was considerably cheaper for an Inn room rather the cabins or lagoon rooms that have there own bathrooms. Though small and lacking the modern convienences such as A/C, TV, etc, it was a place to sleep and a experience of its own. We didnt eat at the Inn, choosing to eat in Oak Harbor at various places but the dining areas seemed to have steady traffic both evenings we were there. Overall it was not a bad experience as some have reviewed, just a change from the norm for us. If rustic and simple is your preference is you, this is your place. We may be back and will spring for the lagoon room or a cabin the next time for more space and our own bathroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Whidbey Inn is an enchanting log inn that was hand-built in 1907. Located on the shores of Penn Cove inside the Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the Inn is centrally located for nature enthusiasts, island explorers and those seeking the charm of historic Northwest towns by the sea. Activities popular with guests include hiking, kayaking, cycling, antiquing, horseback riding, fishing, wine-tasting, and beachcombing. With both rustic and modern accommodations, the Captain Whidbey Inn offers three types of lodging: quaint log-walled rooms in the inn itself, romantic private waterfront cabins, and the more modern Lagoon rooms. Guests staying at the Inn will enjoy the various water views on the property and from many guest rooms, on-site dining in our restaurant, a fun happy hour in the tavern, Complimentary continental breakfast, parking and WiFi are included in each reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Captain Whidbey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Whidbey Hotel Coupeville
- Captain Whidbey Inn Whidbey Island/Coupeville, WA