My husband and I stayed in one of the cabins (#32) on June 23rd. This is an old place, with few electrical outlets and old stiff furniture to relax in - not very relaxing. The cabin felt dirty and old. The bed sucked is all I'll say. The website sold this room with a hottub - the hottub is not working and has not worked for years according to the front desk. Very disappointing since we paid the full price. The "free breakfast" they serve is a joke - it's served between 8-10 and we got there at 9:00 and the offerings were stale muffins and hard bagels and english muffins. Another fruit tray was brought in while I was making toast and the existing folks eating in the dining room got up and took all the fruit and no refill followed. Same with the coffee - it was gone and a fresh pot never showed up. We had planned to stay an extra night prior to our arrival, but after our one night stay, there was no way we would stay another night. Wonderful views, nice staff but not a place I would go back and spend the night at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Whidbey Inn is an enchanting log inn that was hand-built in 1907. Located on the shores of Penn Cove inside the Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the Inn is centrally located for nature enthusiasts, island explorers and those seeking the charm of historic Northwest towns by the sea. Activities popular with guests include hiking, kayaking, cycling, antiquing, horseback riding, fishing, wine-tasting, and beachcombing. With both rustic and modern accommodations, the Captain Whidbey Inn offers three types of lodging: quaint log-walled rooms in the inn itself, romantic private waterfront cabins, and the more modern Lagoon rooms. Guests staying at the Inn will enjoy the various water views on the property and from many guest rooms, on-site dining in our restaurant, a fun happy hour in the tavern, Complimentary continental breakfast, parking and WiFi are included in each reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Captain Whidbey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Whidbey Hotel Coupeville
- Captain Whidbey Inn Whidbey Island/Coupeville, WA