We stayed for two nights at the Inn. The staff was polite and Paul went out of his way to take care of our every need. Keep in mind that the facility is over 100 years old, which comes with a few predictable charms. The grounds are excellent and attract many individuals to pop in and snap a few photos. Having read a few of the complaints below - I can agree with the hot tub - it did not work for us either; however, everything else was great! As for any noise complaints - we had none - though reading below I would guess that it is more a reflection of utterly rude travelers with no sense of decorum or their surroundings who continually subject others to their smoking, loud and obnoxious children and their general lack of taste when it comes to being in public. As many would agree - it seems there is no shortage of "travel thugs" out there, bullying the polite and courteous wherever they go. As for the Captain Whidbey Inn - nothing but class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Whidbey Inn is an enchanting log inn that was hand-built in 1907. Located on the shores of Penn Cove inside the Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve, the Inn is centrally located for nature enthusiasts, island explorers and those seeking the charm of historic Northwest towns by the sea. Activities popular with guests include hiking, kayaking, cycling, antiquing, horseback riding, fishing, wine-tasting, and beachcombing. With both rustic and modern accommodations, the Captain Whidbey Inn offers three types of lodging: quaint log-walled rooms in the inn itself, romantic private waterfront cabins, and the more modern Lagoon rooms. Guests staying at the Inn will enjoy the various water views on the property and from many guest rooms, on-site dining in our restaurant, a fun happy hour in the tavern, Complimentary continental breakfast, parking and WiFi are included in each reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Captain Whidbey Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Whidbey Hotel Coupeville
- Captain Whidbey Inn Whidbey Island/Coupeville, WA