All reviews beachcomber cottage sea breeze whidbey island comfortable bed penn cove rick doe deer
Reviewed November 24, 2015

Our cottage was just perfect.

We've started staying on Whidbey Island every couple of months. So we know the island well, and have tried a few places.

This place is a secret gem. Its in town, so walkable to everything nice in Coupeville, yet off the waterfront by one block so its not near as expensive as the waterfront venues. So from a value standpoint it has most everything else beat.

The cottage was totally like an extra nice tiny home, even with little front and back porch areas. Its really a home.

I was stunned by all the "treats" they provide. Coffee and a range of snacks. More towels than most places provide.

The place is just perfect.

Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed October 21, 2015

Being our first trip to Washington my husband and I were not familiar with the area. We had an early flight out of Seattle and wanted to cancel our last night to stay closer to the airport. Don, the owner was not very flexible and would not give us a refund for the last night. Also I told him we would not need clean towels but nobody came in to take garbage out or make the bed?? Would not stay here again or recommend to friends. Overpriced just ok.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
gardenisle, Owner at Garden Isle Guest Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2015

Linda,

I am very sorry that you are upset that I didn’t refund your last night’s stay. It is clearly stated in the confirmation that was sent to you that you would be responsible for the cost of your stay if you cancel within a week of your arrival date, unless we could re-book the dates of your stay. I held our cottage for you in good faith for 2.5 months and turn away other potential guests. I would have been happy to refund your money if we were able to re-book your cottage but we were not able too.
Our goal is to have our guest have the best stay possible. Our cottages are fully stocked private units and because I want to respect each person’s privacy, I ask our guests when they arrive how often they would like to have their cottage service and some want daily service and some do not. I am sorry for the confusion, I would have been happy to have made your bed or taken out any garbage but I didn’t realize you wanted that done from our conversation.
Dan Currier

Reviewed September 21, 2015

Wonderful cottage walking distance of Coupeville. It's in a very nice setting with a big grass lawn. The room was very clean, has a kitchenette, spacious bathroom, very comfortable bed, a fireplace, really everything you could need for a peaceful getaway. Thank you for a great stay!

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Nicole A
Reviewed August 21, 2015

We visited Coupeville on the second night of our 10 year anniversary tour of the Olympic Peninsula and Whidbey Island. The Garden Isle cottage (#2) that we stayed in was perfect. The surroundings were quiet, the owners abundantly kind and helpful (yet gave us plenty of space) and the cottage was beautifully appointed (and well prepared for our stay). Two thumbs up.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed August 19, 2015

We stayed in the Admiral's house for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it! The property was clean and equipped with all we needed for our stay and to cook a dinner for 14. Well located in walking distance to Coupeville and restaurants and waterfront. The only downfall was spotty wifi.

Date of stay: August 2015