We stayed four nights at the Garden Isle Guest Cottages and enjoyed every restful moment. My wife and I took our son and grandson on vacation and this was our first stop. The guest house (which we rented) and the cottages are extremely clean, well maintained, and the house kitchen was fairly well stocked with basic items (including spices, salt, etc.) needed for cooking. The grounds are large and include a grass area with a volleyball net, a childrens play ground, and a hen house. We saw deer nearly every day on the grounds, which my grandson loved.
From the Garden Isle Guest Cottages Coupeville is an easy walk. Coupeville is a charming town with a pier and several excellent but not fancy restaurants. All of Whidbey Island can be easily explored from Coupeville. Of special note was a point just north of Coupeville. At low tide clamming is excellent. But what amazed us was the abundance of sea shells and sea life. We gathered a bag full of very large sea shells with little effort. My grandson played with several starfish and sea-snails.
The owners of the Garden Isle Guest Cottages go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and provide many excellent tips on what to see and do. The house is a very homey and spacious accomodation. We looked at the cottages that do not have a kitchen but are quite cute and perfect for a couple seeking a restful and quiet place to stay.
We enjoyed our stay so much that we sent Dan, the owner, a set of measuring spoons and a set of measuring cups which were the only essential things we found missing from the house kitchen. We received a very nice thank you message.
In summary, the Garden Isle Guest Cottages is perfect for a couple or a family seeking a clean, quiet, restful, non-pretentious place to stay on beautiful Whidbey Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Garden Isle consists of two charming garden cottages with a hot tub and a three bedroom vacation home. Our property is located on two + acres just steps from the beach, our town park and the 1853 historic waterfront district of Coupeville (the second oldest town in the state of Washington). From our property there are lovely views of the waters of Penn Cove and the 11,000 foot high Mount Baker. Our town is known for its Penn Cove Mussels and they are served in the wonderful restaurants in town. Life Magazine consider Whidbey Island one the top 100 dream destinations in the world. Please come and stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Garden Isle Guest Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Isle Guest Hotel
- Garden Isle Guest Coupeville
- Garden Isle Guest Cottages Whidbey Island/Coupeville, WA