Garden Isle Guest Cottages was the perfect place for our anniversary weekend. We arrived late and Dan, the owner, had the door to our cottage unlocked and a nice note for us welcoming us to town. We stayed in cottage #2 and it exceeded expectations. They keep it VERY clean inside and out. It was stocked with fresh sliced cantaloupe, halved grapefruits, cornbread muffins, juice, milk, coffee, tea, and a loaf of some type of bread (possibly banana bread?). The bed was very comfortable, albeit a bit small, and the quilt is home made with a lighthouse theme. There is a porch front and back with rocking chairs out in the front and a little bistro table and chairs in the secluded back area. Great places to drink wine!
It is located right across from the town park and next door to the small post office on a good size chunk of land that is landscaped in such a way that it felt very private and on our own the entire time. The property contains two small cottages, a large vacation home and the home that Dan and his wife live in. Dan greeted us the next morning and brought us into the office to show us a bunch of highlights including breakfast, lunch and dinner spots; hiking trails; parks in the area; where to get a good latte'; attractions around Fort Casey; etc.
The hot tub was not working while we were there because the pump went out. He had let me know about it a week in advance and said he would try to get it fixed before we arrived but the parts did not come in and it was still down. He made it right on the price and offered another discount next time we book with him. We were hoping to soak in the hot tub, but it didn't ruin our trip. We don't own a hot tub anymore because of the ongoing problems they can have. That was very considerate of him to call me a week in advance and let me know. From experience I can tell you that most places would not have the courtesy to let you know in advance unless you specifically asked.
It was nice being right there for our stay. We were two doors down from Christopher's Restaurant and two blocks from water. To get a latte' in the morning we would walk across the street into the town park and then follow a short wooded trail down to the dock and then hit the wharf for breakfast at Knead and Feed. Absolutely perfect location. We only needed our car to go to Fort Casey and the bluff hike at Ebey's.
My only complaint was the bed size is a little small for two adults.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Garden Isle consists of two charming garden cottages with a hot tub and a three bedroom vacation home. Our property is located on two + acres just steps from the beach, our town park and the 1853 historic waterfront district of Coupeville (the second oldest town in the state of Washington). From our property there are lovely views of the waters of Penn Cove and the 11,000 foot high Mount Baker. Our town is known for its Penn Cove Mussels and they are served in the wonderful restaurants in town. Life Magazine consider Whidbey Island one the top 100 dream destinations in the world. Please come and stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Garden Isle Guest Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Isle Guest Hotel
- Garden Isle Guest Coupeville
- Garden Isle Guest Cottages Whidbey Island/Coupeville, WA