“Elegance and Amazing Food make this the diamond of Whidbey Island.”
Review of Oystercatcher

Oystercatcher
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Coupeville
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: -Our dining room offers views of Penn Cove -We have outside dining available on our deck overlooking the water -Our menu changes seasonally and often to offer the freshest, local ingredients -We have a limited bar, as well as an excellent wine and beer list -Our open kitchen provides a one of a kind experience for diners
Reviewed January 7, 2012

From Consumme to Roasted Alaskan Spot Prawns with Anson Mills Grits, every bite is fun and delicious. The menu changes seasonally which is hard because I wanted everything on the menu already and then knowing it would change made it hard to be decisive. Truth is, I think they could cook a chair and a tire and make it taste beyond Top Chef amazing. Enjoy

2  Thank Sb360

Reviewed December 30, 2011

My wife & I took our adult married kids here. They are real foodies, me, I can enjoy most anything. Everyone ordered something different Salmon, steak, pork & all raved! Great food & service, pricey but not unreasonable. Salads & desserts all 1st rate also.

1  Thank Dovidan
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Everything we experienced in Coupeville was absolutely perfect, but I would have to say that the highlight of our weekend was the dinner experience we had at Oystercatcher. It was not the smile at the door when we walked in, the genuine enthusiasm of our waitress, the extensive wine list, the visual presentation and excellent execution of the entree's, the heart glitter that was gracefully tossed on our table when we said it was our anniversary, or the to die for dishes on the dessert menu. It was the perfectly executed combination of all of these things that made this place a perfect dinner for us. As we walked out I leaned in to the center kitchen area and thanked them for the best dinner we have had in a while. There are only about 13 or 14 restaurants in this tiny port town and to stay in business you need to define yourself in this competitive market.

Oystercatcher is small and cozy. You are seated intimate with the mastered chef(s) who smile while they work and wave when you walk in. The menu is very limited, except the wine menu, and each item is carefully designed to cause you to lean back in your chair on the first bite and say "Oh my god." The servers are very friendly and could not have been more courteous.

My wife had the Market Fish, which ended up being baked cod. I chose the Roasted Pork Tenderloin with farro and sweet corn risotto. Both were 5 stars (and I don't say that often). For dessert we split the Flourless CHocolate Hazelnut Gateau with salted caramel and toasted hazelnuts. The salted caramel was unbelievable and I am drooling right now thinking about it. Fork out a tiny piece of the cake and rub it in the caramel drizzled on the plate followed up with a sip of 10 yr Tawny Port was amazing.

Thank you Oystercatcher!

2  Thank HanSolo3101
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I would like to think that I am an experienced diner. I have been to many nice places, however, the Oystercatcher has been one of the best. Let's start with the service: Jeanie was an absolute sweetheart, and very attentative! I wish she could be my waitress wherever I went. The food, one word: incredible. We had two appetizers, mussels and oysters. I think the mussels are a must. Entrees: Amazing (who knew pasta could be so light, yet so filling?) Dessert: Chocolate cake was decadent. Ambiance: romantic, with plenty of candle light. This restaurant was an experience, and one that made me fall in love with Whidbey even more.

1  Thank Justine T
Reviewed August 16, 2011

...these folks managed to do it. We both had a perfectly baked Alaskan salmon. The bed of beets and spinach upon which it sat was interesting and full marks to the chef for trying to integrate local ingredients. The appetizer, pan fried oysters in clarified butter, crisp on the outside and not overcooked on the inside. A small focussed menu, an ample wine list with plenty of good northwest choices and the atmosphere very warm with the tables surrounding an open kitchen...you have to love the collection of wonderful cookware hanging from the ceiling! The prices we would describe as fair for the quality of food and atmosphere. Our first trip to Coupeville and we would return here.

1  Thank ModestCanadians