“Be warned - they will cancel your reservation if they get a better offer!”
Review of The Coupeville Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coupeville
The Coupeville Inn
Ranked #4 of 13 Coupeville B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Be warned - they will cancel your reservation if they get a better offer!”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We reserved 10 rooms and two suites for our August Wedding well in advance - in February in fact. In March my mother and sister called to make a reservation and were told that all of our reserved rooms had been booked! This was of course a mistake as we had not yet told any guests other than out immediate families. My family was offered another suite and made a reservation - put down their CC and got a confirmation. In May I drove from Seattle to the Inn to check about the booked rooms and it turns out none had been booked. Wait - it gets better! in july - two weeks before the wedding, my sister got a call from the Inn telling her they were canceling her reservation!!! They found someone else who wanted to stay a longer period! And they had no other rooms. My family will have to stay in oak Harbor 40 miles from the festivities and the other guests. I see this a completely unethical if not illegal. Reserve at your own risk!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SeattleTomCat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Vancouver Island
Reviewed August 20, 2008

This place is right in the heart of cute Coupeville, and is a real gem for the price. It's extremely clean, and unlike many other B&Bs it's not cluttered, just tasteful. It's not super fancy, but it was super quiet and we would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — the location, and the cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
seattle
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I had been looking into this Inn to book my wedding reception. During the five month planning period the Inn went through two different event coordinators. The communication was poor, calls went unanswered. Eventually I canceled the site three weeks before my wedding because I could not get anyone to return my calls. Awful experience!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Management
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 2, 2007

Nice stay in the handicap room on ground floor. Very convenient to the entrance. No elevator in the place, so glad we asked for the ground floor.

Room was clean. No AC, but they provided a fan and the weather was plenty cool, even in August. Pleasant town to stay in for a day or so. Very small, so not many activities.

Check-in was quick and convenient. The desk person recommended an excellent restaurant across the street: Christopher's. Rate was good but not fantastic.

Breakfast was OK but on the upper floor (remember, no elevator.) Location is very convenient to Coupeville waterfront. We left the car parked the whole time. There was an art festival in town when we arrived, which we walked through.

• Liked — Quietness, overall ambiance, location convenient to the town.
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
North Vancouver
Reviewed June 12, 2007

Very good service, pleasant management and generally a very relaxing place to relax, close to every thing in town. Would definitely stay again.

• Liked — atmosphere
  • Disliked — no opinion
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
Reviewed March 16, 2006

Coupeville Inn was a nice place to stay. My family (two adults and two kids) went to Coupeville for their annual Mussel Festival and had a fun time. Coupeville Inn was so close to everything. Rooms were clean. Kids loved the breakfast in the morning. If I went back...I'd stay there again.

• Stayed March 2006
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed August 8, 2005

I have stayed at the Coupeville Inn 3 times now. It has a great location, so we just left the car at the Inn and walked everywhere we wanted to go.

The rooms are clean, the staff personable. The beds were hard, like sleeping on a board. Next time I will bring a foam mattress topper. Also the plastic sink and toilet seat were a turn off. Other than that, we loved the place. The fridge in the room was fine and not noisy as some are, and there is a microwave in the hall if needed.

I would only suggest that "Practical Magic" be added to the list of Movies available in the lobby, since it was filmed in Coupeville.

Great Place!

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank Debimlee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coupeville
Captain Whidbey Inn
#3 of 13 in Coupeville
The Coachman Inn & Suites
The Coachman Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Oak Harbor

Been to The Coupeville Inn? Share your experiences!