“Good meal”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alexander Street
Description: Front Street Grill is located on the waterside of Front Street in Coupeville Washington. We have spectacular views of Mt Baker and the Historic Coupeville Wharf.
Reviewed September 2, 2014

My daughter and I were staying in Coupeville for a little overnight adventure...after a day of hiking at Fort Ebey and strolling through Coupeville we stopped at the Front Street for a late lunch early dinner. It was a great meal. The menu was well-rounded. I had a wonderful rib eye steak with a garlic couscous that was very tasty. My daughter had the fish and chips which she enjoyed thoroughly. The view was beautiful...the staff was friendly and attentive...it was a delightful experience. My only "complaint" was the two glasses of wine I ordered was as expensive as my daughter's whole meal. This was a great place to eat and I would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Service was good and food was delicious. Go early or there is not a place to sit. The salads are fresh and good.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stopped in for a late lunch around 1:30pm and the place was busy! I think the food is hit or miss. I had the fish tacos which were flavorful, but not enough sauce or fish pieces. The coleslaw was really good though. My mom had an ahi tuna salad, which she liked. The waitress was really sweet, but it took forever to get our food! Probably because it was so busy. They had a good beer selection and a decent menu.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

A nice little café on the main street in Coupeville with a view is something to be enjoyed and the location does that. The food is solidly average and with the prepared in advance flavor. Since it is the height of a wonderful oyster season here I ordered the pan fried oysters. They arrived lukewarm so I asked the server if they had been frozen. He said they had not and hedged a bit and then said they were prepared earlier with the panko. I do understand prep but this causes the wonderful nectar to absorb into the breading and cooking hot would burn the breading, the other option was how they were served just warm with half of the flavor missing. I had a dinner salad with blue cheese dressing and it as well as the cole slaw. Both tasted like a heavy mayonnaise dressing that was bland and lacked any distinctive flavor. The server was a nice person who was tried to make this average food seem above that level, so kudos to him.

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, restaurant overlooks waterfront. Upscale dining. Breakfast on weekends, but pricey at $12. Quiet though and food is good.