“Mussels - every way imaginable!”
Review of Front Street Grill

Front Street Grill
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Coupeville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alexander Street
Description: Front Street Grill is located on the waterside of Front Street in Coupeville Washington. We have spectacular views of Mt Baker and the Historic Coupeville Wharf.
Seattle
“Mussels - every way imaginable!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Penn Cove Mussels and oysters are kown to be some of the finest world wide, making Coupeville a favorite destination for shell fish lovers. Front Street Grill satisfies the mussel enthusiast with numerous preparations - my favorite is Green Coconut Curry but other renditions are equally satisfying. While fresh Penn Cove oysters on half shell are a mouth watering customer favorite, 'oysters grilled with spicy tomato sauce' offer a delightful explosion of flavor on the palate. If shellfish is not your thing - the burgers are equally satisfying especially the 'sliders' rom the Starter menu. And no one will be complaining about the lovely Penn Cove waterfront view. Reservations are recommended- especially if you desire a window table.

Payson, Arizona
“Unexpectedly Good”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had lunch here on our way home from the Tulip Festival. Enjoyed walking around the town and decided to try this restaurant. We thought it was very good. My friend's mussels were outstanding, and all our meals were worth returning here, next time we're in the neighborhood. Try to get a seat near the window for the views, but the atmosphere throughout is fine. We didn't spend the night here, but above the restaurant is a waterfront suite with a gourmet kitchen. The brochure made it sound pretty nice. $225 per night.

Burnaby, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner At Front Street”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had an ok dinner, thought the food would have been better. Really enjoyed the piano player, it was at a nice tone and pleasent music. Would suggest a window seat, view is lovely. A bit turned off with the dessert crumble, came in a tin pie plate, like it was frozen. Not a nice presentation. otherwise it was ok.

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Lots to like”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Lots of small nice touches added up to create a very pleasant lunch experience. Our server was professional and friendly, the menu (and refreshingly interesting kids menu) had several tempting choices but wasn't trying to be all things for all people, the food was prepared well with fresh, high quality ingredients, the ambience was comfortable and nice, and the view was lovely. You must have mussels here; with so many preparations to choose from you are bound to find a delicious way to try the world class local shellfish. All in all, I highly recommend Front Street as a place for friends, couples, or families with well-behaved children to enjoy a pleasant and delicious lunch.

Visited April 2013
Coupeville
“Great food, horrible hostess”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My friend and I had just driven 3,500 miles over an 8 day period to move me across the country with my 10 month old son and our dog, awaiting the arrival of my husband from deployment. We just finished unloading the uhaul truck, were tired and hungry. Dressed in our jeans, sweatshirts and baseball hats we took my 10 month old and headed to the front street grill as recommended by many in the town.
We walk in the door to no one at the hostess desk, we grab a menu to make sure there were vegetarian choices for me and around the corner the hostess comes with the most disgusted face that appeared to say "oh god, I hope they don't want to eat here". At that moment my friend and I looked at each other and read each others minds that we should leave, but what appeared to be a manager behind her smiled to greet us. We stayed only for that reason. However, that hostess remained judgmental our entire visit there. Not one smile every time she made eye contact with us or my son. Yet every other guest that came in was greeted with a smile. I have never felt so uncomfortable before in my life. Thankfully our waitress was lovely and very attentive. The food was also great.
Unfortunately due to their rude hostess, when my husband returns, he will not get to experience that restaurant as I will never be put in that situation again.