“Nice dinner-”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alexander Street
Description: Front Street Grill is located on the waterside of Front Street in Coupeville Washington. We have spectacular views of Mt Baker and the Historic Coupeville Wharf.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The portions are generous, my steak was quite nice, and the menu is kid-friendly with healthier options. (not just chicken strips) Our girls enjoyed pasta and veggies. Beautiful view- but a little croweded. They are busy because they are good. Think ahead and be patient. It's worth it to make a reservation.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went there for a quick dinner whilst staying at a nearby B&B. There were not many people in that night as it was a Sunday night. Service was good and the wait staff were attentive without hovering. My starter of coconut prawns was delicious and fresh and the main mussel dish was great, though the curry was a little too hot for me. My partners chowder was excellent and I think he had a fish dish for main. We went for a walk out to the end of the jetty after dinner and found the whole place charming. Put me in mind of Cabot Cove and Jessica Fletcher (from Murder, She wrote).

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Front Street Grill: the name makes it sound like a "greasy spoon" diner, but this restaurant is much better that the name would suggest. The food is always delicious, presented beautifully, and quite reasonably priced. I can especially recommend the filet mignon, and of course the mussels (served in over a dozen different ways) are always fresh out of Penn Cove.

The atmosphere is neither cozy nor intimate, but this is offset by the fact that every table can enjoy the view of Penn Cove through the large picture windows that face the water. Other reviewers have described the service as spotty, which tells me which server they must have gotten. Ask if Jodie is working, and if she is, request to have her as your server. She is always fast, efficient, knowledgeable, and friendly. And she makes a killer Manhattan!

You will not find a better dining experience in Coupeville, nor I daresay on Whidbey Island (though I have more research to do!). I have been there many times, and will go back again and again.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The atmosphere is wonderful,and the food was delicious. As far the service ,I've been treated better at the worst greasy spoon in my hometown. We watched the party right next to us getting their bread and appetizers,and after giving the waitress PLENTY of time,we finally had to ask for bread. We got our first drinks in ample time,but were never asked if we wanted a second drink. We finally stopped our waitress and asked for a 2nd drink,and we NEVER got them. I heard other patrons being asked if they wanted fresh ground pepper,but my husband and I were NEVER offered any pepper. My entree was supposed to come with a salad,but I wasn't asked if I wanted a salad.I figured I could do without the salad since I was getting veggies with the enrtree. I realize it was a busy Saturday night,but I expect better service than the shabby treatment we received for the price.I have been in restaurants ALOT busier than this,and haven't been dissatisfied with the service. I don't know if we will return .

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Mediocre, overpriced food ... dull service delivered without a smile ... the main reason to go here is for the beautiful view. Perhaps it's the only reason. Enjoy the view with a glass of wine.

My husband's steak was dry, tough, tasteless & overcooked. My chicken was swimming in some kind of flavorless "jus", the "Rosemary Crusted Skin" was thick, gelatinous & soggy. The Coconut Prawns appetizer was excellent & by far the best food we were served. It was also a darn skimpy serving for the $10 price tag. After our lackluster entrees, we weren't about to try dessert.

No more dinners here, it's certainly not worth the hefty price. When we come back, it will be for the happy hour only. And we'll be pretty wary even at that.

1  Thank Denise70