“Another chance”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alexander Street
Description: Front Street Grill is located on the waterside of Front Street in Coupeville Washington. We have spectacular views of Mt Baker and the Historic Coupeville Wharf.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I took family who were visiting from out of town here last Saturday evening based on a few previous promising experiences. Despite calling and making a reservation, the service was inefficient due to the fact we had to ask what the specials were, ask what the happy hour included, ask for condiments to go along with our meal and a pretty apathetic attitude from our server. From my point of view, the other servers in the place seemed to be doing their job with efficiency and cheerfulness but Sherry (Shari?) obviously was not doing her job and when we mentioned the bad service to the hostess, she said she would notify the manager but we never got a response. This goes to show you that in addition to good food and a good view, efficient and consistently good service is equally important. Our evening meal was tainted by the service and I regret that my family had to experience it. The coconut green curry mussels are an item I would return for but I know I will be taking a chance on the service. For those of you who a prefer food which is not deep fried, grilling fish for the fish tacos is not an option because the fish are prepared beforehand. There are a couple of healthy items on the menu but for the most part, plan on an indulgent meal.

There are newer reviews for Front Street Grill

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very pleasant waitress that met all our needs. Husband had sea food fettuccine, I had salmon. Salmon was a little undercooked in the middle ( raw). But, was quickly rectified. Usually when I order salmon it's overdone! The fettuccine was excellent! Would definelty make a return visit.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We headed to Coupeville to eat mussels at Toby's. The waitress there, however, was was so objectionable that we drank our beer and left. Front Street Grill was just down the street, so ...
What a great find! We had their most excellent Green Curry Mussels, some Saffron Mussels, Cioppino and one other kind that I can't think of. the service was attentive and timely, the view is million-dollar, the chairs comfortable and the kitchen immaculate (you can see inside from the street as you approach the entrance!). We considered going back to Toby's to thank the cranky barmaid for inspiring us to leave ... Front Street is a much better choice!!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We enjoyed a relaxing dinner in the quaint Coupeville. The food and service were excellent and we enjoyed the mussels cooked in a tasty curry sauce. Very good.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Mussels are amazing! A must have. My Porterhouse was perfect! Front Street Grill was cute and has a great ambiance.