“Don't Believe The Website”

The Captain Whidbey Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Captain Whidbey Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 26 Restaurants in Coupeville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vancouver
“Don't Believe The Website”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I were looking forward to going to the Inn for a meal, specifically Happy Hour. On-line they showed a good looking Happy Hour menu and where it says "4-6 daily". We showed up and were turned away. Apparently "daily" does not include Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays. Very disappointing.

• Visited March 2013

Bellevue, Washington
“Dinner at the Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had dinner in the restaurant in early March, during the Coupeville Mussel Festival. Our salmon and snapper dinners were very good, nicely cooked, and the Eyrie Vineyards Pinot Gris was lovely. The rich chocolate cake for dessert is sinfully delicious. The Inn was humming with people escaping the blustery day, and the crackling fire is very inviting as you come into the charming old inn. The current owner has brought the place back to life, offering good food and an extensive wine selection, as well as a full service bar. The entire inn has been upgraded and improved, with just the right touches in this incredible setting. There is also a private dining room now, as well as special occasion and holiday dinners, including fresh West Beach crab.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank PamelaP149
Whidbey Island, Washington
“It's a Little Risky”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Let me start by saying that I live on Whidbey & I love the Captain Whidbey Inn. My husband & I ate dinner here 22 years ago after we were married in Coupeville, and we have eaten here many times over the years. I am not sure how many owners it has had in recent years ... several, I believe. We ate here a few weeks before Christmas, and were so disappointed.

It was a Friday night and we had reservations, but did not need them. The Dining Room was totally empty. It was also very brightly lit, taking all the romance out of it. We chose to eat in the bar instead, which was a bit cozier, although still too bright. The bartender was also serving tables, and although she was friendly & very well intentioned, she was overwhelmed with serving 3 couples.

It's the first time I've ever been served a martini with about 6 mini olives placed in the bottom of the glass. I had to use my spoon to get them out. My husband ordered a well drink. His drink was just about melted by the time my martini arrived, and I sincerely doubt there was a full shot of liquor between the 2 drinks.

My salmon was excellent, really wonderful. My husband's steak was mostly inedible. He could hardly find any meat for all the gristle. At one point, I believe it was the owner who helped serve tables. I sincerely hope this was just an off-night, and we will certainly try again. The point is ... you just never know what you're going to find. Sometimes superb, sometimes not. Go for the beautiful setting, enjoy the warmth & comfort of a log lodge, and hope for the best.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Denise70
Bothell, WA
“See my review of the Captain Whidbey Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I wrote a review of the restaurant in my review of the inn. In a nutshell, the food is great, the service is relaxed and attentive, the atmosphere and experience is unique. Let go of your expectations and just enjoy the experience for what it is.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank janiesmiles
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great location and interesting complex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband remembered this place from his tour of duty at the Naval Station. Atmosphere very charming and relaxing. The classic mussels were truly the best that I have ever had; they were like butter. Service was somewhat slow and inattentive especially given the fact that there were no other tables seated at the time.

We sat in the bar area and would do so again.

• Visited September 2012