“A unique experience of the highest order”

The Captain Whidbey Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Captain Whidbey Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 32 Restaurants in Coupeville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2011

If your idea of eating out is McDonalds, don't bother with the Captain Whidbey but if you appreciate a truly unique and original piece of history and delicious, well prepared and well served food, The Captain Whidbey Inn Restaurant is worth a couple of hours extra driving. Visiting Deception Pass, Coupeville and the other interesting plqces on Whidbey are bonus treats.

3  Thank Leroy C

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I love the physical aspects -- the madrona log walls, the old hand blown glass in the windows, the tranquil views of water and evergreen. I love the blazing fire in the stone fireplace, the crisp white linens, the clink of glass and china. I love the coziness and the expectation of a pleasing and comforting meal. There is a varied menu, nice presentation, use of locally produced food. The staff is friendly and accommodating. What more could you want?

2  Thank Diamondqueen
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I was staying in Oak Harbor for work and I had heard about this place through a colleague who was staying there (I was staying at the Best Western). She raved about the place, while other people rolled their eyes. I had to see it for myself. I rounded up a few other colleagues and we headed out to the Captain Whidbey. The building and grounds are very unique. We decided to eat at the tavern, and I had an EXCELLENT steak salad with a very nice glass of house wine. The ambiance itself is definitely worth a visit (but I'm not sure I'd stay there). I was very pleased with my meal.

2  Thank QueenConvenience
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This historic inn is located on the world famous Penn Cove...known for its Penn Cove mussels. The setting is spectacular overlooking the water and the building is furnished in turn of the century details including a wonderful stone fireplace. Whidbey Isand is a great visit not far north from Seattle. It can easily be done in a day trip. Be sure to plan a meal here because in addition to the mussels, the seafood chowder is remarkable.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

After reading the reviews, I was worried. We ate in the Pub and had fantastic hamburgers. Next time I visit Whidby Island I will definitely try the dining room.