“Perfect in every way.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coupeville
Lovejoy Inn on Whidbey Island
Ranked #8 of 13 Coupeville B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect in every way.”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

You will not be disappointed in your stay at the Lovejoy. There seemed to be a perfect balance of hospitality and quiet, just what I needed for a relaxing holiday away from the city. The location was ideal, on a quiet side street but only 1 or 2 blocks from the water and restaurants. Mitch and Lynda were wonderful hosts and their breakfasts were ideal and morning coffee on the porch...heaven. Our room was spotless and HUGE, we took the Penn Cove room and had a lovely view of the water. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Denver
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Very nice Inn with great location in Coupeville. Friendly reception from owner, who knows all about Whidbey Island. Room was very clean and the bathroom was newly renovated and huge. Great spot.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I was looking for a getaway, to enjoy both nature and a small town. Welcoming, relaxing, comfortable, and clean, would describe my stay at the Lovejoy. Morning coffee on the wraparound porch, with the view of the town and the cove, and delicious, freshly prepared breakfast with local goods. One of the mornings, we had cherry jam made from cherries on the property. I stayed in the Coupe, and it was perfect for a solo traveller, cozy yet spacious. The town closes down in the evening, so it was inviting to sit and read in a comfy chair. Short drive to hikes and the beach and historic sites. Or stay in town, leave your car parked at the Inn and walk 2 blocks to quaint shops, the pier, and a variety of fabulous food options.

Mitch and Lynda were welcoming and hospitable: offering clear, knowledgeable recommendations on places to eat and to visit. This is a place to come to if you want a relaxing getaway, any time of the year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I've stayed here three times and I highly recommend it. Two blocks from town with an intimate view of the harbor, this charming Victorian has it all. The innkeepers are informative, kind and attentive. The breakfasts are first rate. Rooms, and I've stayed in three, are all comfortable, charming and impeccably clean. Walk out the front door and explore this relaxed and scenic town or use as a home base for excursions to the area's many attractions. I consider The Lovejoy Inn my home away from home. Five stars. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed August 2011
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was in Coupeville for a class at the Pacific NW Art School in July. I had the delight of staying at the Lovejoy Inn for five nights while I was there. Mitch and Lynda made me feel so welcome and at home! Lynda's breakfast were warm and delicious and kept me going for hours. I easily slipped into a routine of a run every morning, coffee on the porch, leisurely breakfast and off to the school. Back in the evening, I relaxed in my cozy room. Nothing could have been any better! I will be back next summer and hopefully can stay longer!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank kayakfiend
Zephyrhills, FL
Reviewed August 2, 2011

What's not to like? Great hosts with plenty of helpful tips. Good breakfast with locally grown produce. Great view of Penn Cove. Short walk into Coupeville. Clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced. We recommend the Penn Cove room, much larger (but watch your head!). We would not hesitate to stay with Mitch again.

Room Tip: The two best rooms are on the second floor so be prepared to navigate the stairs.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Vacaville, California
Reviewed January 27, 2011

My wife and I, along with some extended family, just stayed at the Lovejoy Inn in Coupeville, Wa, Whidbey Island for three nights. First, the area itself was very peaceful, and Coupville very quaint and perfectly situated. In addition to that, our stay at the Lovejoy B&B was just the best. The Lovejoy was recommend by family in Coupville and we were so pleased with our quarters which was the Carriage House Room. Everything five star: Roomy, comfortable, attractive, clean, and reasonably priced. Breakfast in the mornings always had the personal touch which was always enjoyable. The owners, Mitch and Linda were great and we got to know them well. We highly recommend this B&B to visitors who come to Coupville and surrounding areas.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coupeville
Captain Whidbey Inn
#3 of 13 in Coupeville
Cottage on the Cove
Cottage on the Cove
#11 of 13 in Coupeville

Been to Lovejoy Inn on Whidbey Island? Share your experiences!