“AWESOME!!”
Review of Devils Tower Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Devils Tower
Devils Tower Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Devils Tower B&B and Inns
Gillette, Wyoming
“AWESOME!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Frank and Tanya are the best! I arrived to them working and when I got there they dropped everything and helped me. Frank and I spent about 8 hours on the tower that afternoon, talk about a great day! He was very knowledgeable about climbing, and where to climb. Frank then taught me along the way, and explained how and why we were doing things as we soared up the tower. He was always very safe and shouted out words of encouragement. Never once has Frank taken me up a route I could not complete. When we returned to the lodge that evening, there was dinner ready, and I can guarantee that the food is always great! I then had the opportunity to sit and visit with some of the other travelers. Everyone there was welcoming and had a great story. You will never be disappointed with who you meet.

The view at the lodge was amazing. The tower is right outside the window, and is absolutely beautiful, it reminds me of why I can't leave Wyoming. The lodge was of course, clean and neat. They have just added onto the lodge and the place looks great! You can't go wrong with staying at Devil's Tower Lodge!!

Overall, the experience here is a 10 out of 5 stars! There are other places to stay in Devil's Tower, WY but they just can't do your visit justice. Devil's Tower Lodge has an amazing view, amazing people, and an overall amazing experience!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a ramshackle guest house, kind of like staying at your grandmother's old house; clean enough but not immaculate. The views of Devils Tower are just wonderful and you can sit on the deck and enjoy it for as long as you like. The proprietress prepares a wonderful dinner and breakfast (dinner a very reasonable $12.50, breakfast included) served family-style at a long table with views of the tower. The proprietor tells stories about his history with the tower. It is a little touchy-feely (holding hands before dinner and saying what you are thankful for) and there isn't any alcohol. We are glad that we stayed, as it prolonged our opportunity to gaze upon the amazing landmark.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eaglekg
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at Devil's Tower Lodge earlier last week. Frank and his guide Felipe helped my husband achieve his dream of making it to the summit of Devil's Tower. Frank is charismatic and gracious and our rooms were large and tastefully furnished.
Tanya is an excellent cook and made home-cooked healthy dinners and breakfasts.
Staying there, one feels part of Frank's family. It's like he is sharing his home in addition to his passion for climbing. Very expansive hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Semiprecious123
Baton Rouge
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We spent two nights at the Devils Tower Lodge B&B. It was an exquisite treat. Whether you are interested in climbing, hiking or photography Frank has valuable tips. We stayed in the Window room where you can see the Devils Tower laying in your bed under the stars or glowing gold during sunrise and sunset. Tanya cooked excellent breakfasts and dinners for us using the fresh locally grown vegetables and other produce. Her strawberry pancakes are to die for. When evening rolled around all guests gathered in the den and frank played piano entertaining us. Frank and Tanya made us feel home with warm welcome and attention to all details. This was an experience we will always remember and look forward to visit again.

Room Tip: Windows room has a view of the tower through a large glass window.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We didn't stay at the Lodge but we hired Frank to be our climbing guide for the day. My brother and I had done quite a bit of climbing some 20 years ago but were certainly rusty. Frank took the time to remind us of some of the basics on his climbing wall before heading over to the Tower to give us some rock time in the morning. After lunch Frank timed our arrival at "El Cracko Diablo" perfectly for the climb to be in the shade throughout and with great patience and skill led us to the summit. It was an awesome day - being able to achieve something that so few people get the chance to do. Frank could not have inspired more confidence in his safety preparation and did well to rekindle our faded climbing skills. If you want to try and summit Devil's Tower I cannot believe there is a person in the world more qualified or able to make it happen than Frank Sanders.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Fargo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my 5th stay at the Devils Tower Lodge and what more can I say. The food is great, the rooms clean and comfortable with great views of the tower. Frank and Tanya and the whole staff more more then friendly, they become family. The climbing is world class! If you are a photographer.....have fun and do not forget to get out and shoot the night sky....it is quite incredible!

Room Tip: The "Windows" room is always my choice room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank fusingmyglass
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We reserved the Windows Room and The Burning Daylight Room for two nights. After Driving down from Colstrip, MT and touring Trail's End, the Kendrick Mansion, in Sheridan,WY we arrived at Devil's Tower Lodge in the middle of a thunderstorm about 4:00 in the afternoon. We were warmly and graciously greeted by the owner, Frank. Both rooms had private baths and a view of Devil's Tower that was breathtaking. Dinner that night was attended by 13 guests, our hosts, Frank and Tanya, and the three climbing guides. It was a wonderful home cooked meal that was delicious, and filling. After dinner Frank played the piano and we ended our evening in song.
The beds were comfortable and waking up to the view was priceless.
If you are a climber this is heaven. If you are like me, a few years on the other side of 50 with no intention of climbing the Tower, it was haven of rest and regeneration.

Room Tip: If you are looking The Ritz and gourmet food, this probably isn't your cup of tea. If you are lo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sawin' Logs
#2 of 4 in Devils Tower
Lytle Creek Inn Bed and Breakfast
Bearlodge Mountain Resort

Been to Devils Tower Lodge? Share your experiences!