“What can I say Frank is a Legend”
Review of Devils Tower Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Devils Tower
Devils Tower Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Devils Tower B&B and Inns
Eldorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“What can I say Frank is a Legend”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Just got back from a trip up to the tower! This time we stayed in Franks yard where he lets climbers graciously stay for free. Not only is there a toilet, but hot showers as well! We decided to show our appreciation by helping out on the roof to remove all the shingles, tar paper, and thousands of nails in preperation for a roofing crew to finish the job. We enjoyed a hard day of work on the roof as our "rest day". After enjoying summiting the tower via assymbline, and climbing 5.10 cracks on the west face. At days end we enjoyed a gracious meal of devils tower climbers stew, and blondies prepared by the lovely hostess Juliana!! We enjoyed good company, and spectacular views. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: ask for the room with the tower view!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Drew W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Worcester
Reviewed October 11, 2011

my wife and I spent two nights at the Devil's Tower Lodge in August. When they say they have views of the Tower, they mean it! We ware amazed that the property is located just outside the Nationa Monument park. Our room had a large picture window at the end of the bed that faced the Tower; we were so close that we felt we could touch it! The hospitality was outstanding; everyone, including the other guests were friendly and welcoming. Even though we are not climbers, we would definitely stay here again. Kathy and Joe D.

Room Tip: we had the "artist studio" it was great
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Joe D
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My dad and I wanted to do a special adventure as a father/daughter so we chose a summit trip with Frank. The hospitality at the lodge was absolutely wonderful and everyone there went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Beautiful property overlooking the Tower the rooms were lovely. Meals were all homemade and delicious! I can not wait to do a return visit to better my climbing skills! I would recommend Devils Tower Lodge to anyone with or without climbing experience or even if you are just traveling thru the area!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Megan B
Talent, Oregon, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I don't do B&B's so I really had no idea what to expect. When I walked through the door into the lodge I immediately felt all the stress of all my travel melt away. Frank greeted me and pressed a cup of coffee into my hand,and we chatted for a bit. After my first day of climbing in over 20 years I sat down to a wonderful home cooked meal. The dining area was snug, but everyone wore these great smiles and shared their days adventure. I wouldn't recommend "Franks Place" if your a stuffy yuppie looking for a long wine list and turn down service. It's perfect for everyone else.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Mark D
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Our first visit to Devils Tower was a great experience thanks to Frank and Juliana. Although we are not climbers, we had a great overnight stay and two great meals. The moonlight view of the Tower from our room was fantastic. The friendly family atmosphere was exceptional. We highly recommend Devils Tower Lodge.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jim and Ann O
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This was one of many trips to visit Devils Tower Lodge. I enjoy being treated like family which they really do with all the guest. The meals were excellent and I am spoiled now on wanting to have a hot breakfast and dinner. Hats off to Juliana and her cooking skills. The accomodations were very good with a soft bed and great view of the Tower from the bedroom. The main reason I was there was to go rock climbing. Both Frank and Felipe are great guides who really emphasize the safety aspect of climbing. Without their help and complete confidence in their abilities, I would not have tried some of the routes that I did. They allowed me to challenge myself. Even if you aren't there for climbing it makes a great place to stop for the night. The worst part of the trip was having to say goodbye. <Ginger>

Room Tip: The Windows room has a great Tower view but you do have to go out of your room to get to the bathroo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ginger M
Santa Fe
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is a funky family style B&B with all the amenities of home. Comfy bed, clean rooms, great hot tub, incredible view of the Tower, the nicest guests and the most generous hosts in the west. Frank's climbing expertise is invaluable!! Juliana's warmth and home cooked meals are amazing! Everything you need as a beginning climber or an expert can be found at Devil's Tower Lodge. Non-climbers are welcomed and loved as well. A truly delightful experience for all!!!

Room Tip: Window Room is my first choice!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lytle Creek Inn Bed and Breakfast
Hulett Motel
Hulett Motel
#2 of 3 in Hulett

Been to Devils Tower Lodge? Share your experiences!