“Devil's Tower KOA needs some work”
Review of Devils Tower KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Devils Tower
Devils Tower KOA
Loveland, Colorado
“Devil's Tower KOA needs some work”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a great location. There is probably none better. Although the owners are working at maintaining things, they are missing some important, less costly improvements. The bathrooms were quite dirty and unmaintained. There were dead bugs laying all over the bathroom. Cleaning the bathroom 4 to 5 times a day would solve this problem. In addition, there were no bathrooms by the pool, only a woman's bathroom in the store with curtains over the stall. When I came in, looking for a bathroom, the door was open. There was no privacy. A bathroom by the pool is a must. The trash was so full, it was falling out and being blown away. I've been to a few KOA's before, generally, I am impressed. But this KOA was missing some very important standards. It's such a great location. Please take the time and money to maintain what you already have.

Room Tip: Reserve a head of time on holidays
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank yellowstonecamper

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you are thinking of going there ring before you go. I feel the $50 a night was expensive and if you turn up are you REALLY going to turn around and drive 30+ miles to find another camp?
Someone mentioned the 15% discount ( No pool or restaurant) but we had senior discount and that was the same.Full price would have been nearer $60.It would have been cheaper to book into a motel that gave a senior discount.We spent the same for two nights in Cody and they had Concrete bases and also same in rapid City for two nights and they have Pool (,working and three times the size of Devil's Tower)and lovely hot tub.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wellsville, Kansas
Reviewed July 1, 2013

When I was there the campground was only about 40 % filled. I was tent camping and was shown on a map where I could set up. After 3 days I was told I was set up in the wrong area. It was shady where I was so I believe someone was pressuring the Staff for my spot. I did not want to move because I had paid for 7 days in advance. I elected to leave and they refunded my money back to my charge card. A couple of days later I looked at my charge account and they had charged an additional charge after I had left. I challenged the charge but the staff told the bank I had camped in a higher charging spot. The cafe food was terrible and the pool was overly treated so your eyes burned when you tried to swim. I tried to call and talk to the owner of the campground and the staff would not give me the name or phone number. I would still like to talk to the owners about my problems while I was there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Kanzas55
naperville
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a great location - located right next to the Devils Tower. From our campsite we had a perfect view of the tower. It was awesome to look at the tower and the stars at night. The staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant was being renovated when we were there, so I don't know how that will be. The camp store seemed to have a good selection of items that weren't too overpriced. The restrooms and showers were clean and well maintained.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryAnneNaperville
Wylie
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Incredible views, excellent access to the park for sunrise/sunset viewing. Clean and well maintained facilities. Well organized office and crew. Lots of activities for children. Room for long rigs. We recommend highly.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank BethanyLeah
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I had researched this KOA months in advance so I chose it because of all the fun things for our family to do and see. When we arrived the pool was in repair, no firewood was available, no petting zoo, no nightly viewing of "Close Encounters", and finally no hayride!!! We were very diassapointed but they did take off 15%. My advice would be to call first to see if these things are available. I was so sad for our kids as we had been telling them during our 12 hour car ride that it would all be worth it when we get to this KOA. Not so. It is a perfect location though for viewing Devils Tower.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Iheartpinacoldas
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great campsite! We arrived late in the evening and the office was closed. However, we had made a reservation so they had our information tacked up on the side of the building. We chose a spot to set up the tent and were good to go! The sites are spacious and the whole campground is BEAUTIFUL!!! Red cliffs next to a river, scenic hills, and you're right at the base of Devil's Tower! Like other reviews I've read, make sure to bring extra blankets. It gets really cold at night!!! This is the place to camp if you're wanting some great views and fun camping!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lytle Creek Inn Bed and Breakfast
Hulett Motel
Hulett Motel
#2 of 3 in Hulett

Been to Devils Tower KOA? Share your experiences!