“Buyer Beware”

The Innsbruck Lodge
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Owner enters your room even when there is a "Do Not Disturb" sign out. Sneaky cancellation policy not disclosed on website - No early checkout! What?? Ski lodge with no proper wax area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Adj96161
hartMammothLakes, Manager at The Innsbruck Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

I am responding to what prompted me to enter the room. It was the ski wax leading away from your room door into the lobby. Once I was in the room, I found a portable ski waxing table and accompanying accessories. There is a sign at the office stating "no waxing in the rooms." As for not having an area for ski waxing, that is totally untrue. After I had my discussion with you regarding waxing in the room, I showed you that I had a work bench in order for you to prep your skiis. We do cater to ski racers, I being one myself. Ironically we have ski racing groups from your area that have stayed with us for several years in a row and use my work area and have borrowed the necessary tools to prep their skiis. They are very appreciative that I provide them with the area. I don't like having to go into someone else's room outside of having to clean, but when someone tries to smoke or in your case ski waxing, then yes, I will get upset and deal with the situation. Getting wax out of carpet, as you know is very difficult to clean.

Of course there are no "early checkouts." You had booked the room for 8 days and we gave you a special price and even upgraded you to a larger room with a kitchen. An "early checkout" in our minds means cancellation. Our cancellation policy is located in several places like in our brochure and website. Also, you stated to me the reason for leaving was that you weren't needed here to prep skiis. Then your wife called and said to you had to back home and work. In the end, neither story was true. We believe that we tried everything to accomodate you and in the end you stayed all 8 nights.

We were very disappointed that you would write untruths about us in Trip Advisor.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

The Innsbruck Lodge is close to restaurants though just slightly off the main track. Rooms are small but clean and comfortable. We enjoyed a room with a kitchenette. There's a coffee maker in the room, which is nice if you want to prepare your breakfast in room. The motel is owned by a couple who speak German. We stayed off season, it was nice and quiet. Would not hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cali4niahiker
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I was travelling with friends through the national parks of California. We spent one night at the Inssbruck lodge after a big journey through Yosemite and it was very pleasant to be charmly welcomed by the hosts in this cosy inn. We had the chance to be given pieces of a cake that the host had made before our arrival. It was cold and rainy outside and there was a fire going in the fireplace to warm us up! The room was very big, we had 2 bathrooms for 5 people! And for a more than reasonable price! Too bad the host couldn't serve us breakfast the day of our departure because i guess it would have been delicious! Anyway there are a lot of places to have breakfast or eat within 5 min walks from the inn.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Felt very much at home at this small lodge, views of the mountains from our bedroom, friendly helpful hosts, close to restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for view of mountain.
Reviewed August 12, 2011

What a pleasure to find affordable, comfortable lodging in an expensive resort town. The owners were pleasant and helpful. Our room was large with a sliding door that opened onto a deck. The view through the trees was of snowy Mammoth Mountain. A microwave and small 'frig in the room were a bonus. It is a short walk to the Village and other good restaurants. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for room 8
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is a quaint little Inn that seemed more like a B&B. Our room was down in the basement and as far as Motels go it was very small, again like a basement bedroom with a shower. The room while small was very clean and functional.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

You know, I can't even remember much to review about the motel itself. All I remember was the THUMPING and STOMPING our entire stay, including all night long. I understand that the rudeness of other guests is beyond the control of the management, but even if our neighbors were tip-toeing around, I would probably still hear them. The place wasn't even full, and yet we could hear all our neighbors, through the walls and the floor above us. I can't recommend this place, just because the place is so loud. The management (owners?) seemed nice enough, but the place is old and has subpar construction, based on the noise level. Sorry...

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple