“Grumpy's is all about fun” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grumpy's Sports Restaurant - CLOSED

Grumpy's Sports Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Brentwood, California
“Grumpy's is all about fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We happened to go into Grumpy's while just looking for a place to sit down and eat. The people were friendly and not grumpy at all. The service was super fast. The food was really good. I had the philly cheese steak which I rarely can find a good one outside of Pats and genos in Philadelphia. This steak was so authentic, it even had the cheese sauce like Geno's. Loved it.

• Visited May 2013

“Seriously Bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Service in this place was a true nightmare. While waiting for her to acknowledge our table I could see her doing a shot with the bartender. No wonder she got our order entirely wrong. She never brought the bottle water I requested with my drink and after waiting past the time we would have tried a second round I went to the bar to order. The bartender was so sloshed and I decided it was time to go. I'm not sure why we even stayed as long as we did. The food was not edible the drinks were weak. And the service was embarrassing to witness.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
sheffield
“Memorable - in more ways than one”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Let me qualify this by saying I can't comment on the food at this place. The reason? I've never eaten there.
But what I really have to remark on is the barman. Picture this. We walked in, a year after our previous visit, our sights set on that in which America leads the world. The Martini, that is.
Before we could open our mouths to order two, the barman recited with perfect accuracy our preferred specification, from the brand of vodka right down to the olive.
OK, middle-aged Brits half asleep from jet lag are in a minority in this neck of the woods, so maybe we made an impression on our first visit. Maybe he keeps an album of mugshots behind the bar, with my photo included among the rows of stern faces, like one of those rollcalls at Alacatraz.
Either way we were impressed. With staff like this, who cares about food?

• Visited March 2013
Janesville, Wisconsin
“EXCELLENT SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Grumpy's service is beyond wonderful! Great drink selection too...nice place to relax and catch up with friends...

Visited March 2013
Santa Clarita, California
“Mountains of food, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Grumpy's is a vibrant sports bar, and appears to be a very popular hangout. Six of us went there for dinner on a Saturday night after a day on the slopes. The place was packed and the service was a bit slow, but totally understandable given the large crowd. Our drinks came in ok, but the beer was not as cold as I would like. Picky? Yes! I like cold beer. Our "Monster Tots" appetizer was a humongous concoction of potatoey, chili, cheesy, and jalapeno stuff in a big basket that was very tasty, definitely the highlight of the evening... The burgers came, and while we all ordered "Medium", the four burgers came "Rare", "Medium Rare", "Medium", and "Well Done". No consistency at all in the cooking, which to me is a bad indicator of what is going on in the kitchen. All in all, a very average experience. BTW, on the "Rare" burger, they took off 1/2 the price, but charged us for two Pulled Pork sandwiches by accident, so the figuring out of the bill took a bit of effort. I would not dissuade anyone from trying out the place, but for myself, I will not be heading back there any time soon.

• Visited February 2013