“Comfortable - Clean - Friendly”

Shilo Inn Suites Mammoth Lakes
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Los Angeles
“Comfortable - Clean - Friendly”
Reviewed December 16, 2009

This was my first time staying at Shilo. I too in reference to the above review, have rented a condo, but I came for a very short visit from LA and decided to stay here. Shilo Inn is very comfortable and very clean. The beds are very firm and comfortable. The rooms are HUGE. I have stayed at many nice resorts and I have to say the Shilo Inn is very exceptional for the price. I have been coming to Mammoth for 8 years and have never stayed here. I will make my reservation for Shilo Inn going in the future for my short visits. The shower is strong, coffee sink, microwave. The shower and toilet are separated from the vanity which is a great use of the space. The heat is very cozy and not to hot. The heated pool is excellent. Bagels, toast, coffee. The lobby has great leather chairs to socialize, Popcorn, and warm fireplace! What more could anyone want for this price. I highly recommend Shilo Inn for your visit you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Booked 3 rooms in this hotel for one evening from 21st-22nd September. Arrived to be greeted by the lovely general manageress who is obviously expecting a baby very soon. We received such a lovely welcome from her and were checked in lightning fast. Our suites were very clean and tidy and everything you could wish for. Beds were comfortable and bathroom and amenities were what you would expect from this type of hotel. I would have no hesitation in recommending this little hotel for a short term stay in Mammoth Lakes. Best wishes to the Lovely General Manageress and hope mother and baby are both well!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
roadtripteam
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Came up to Mammoth to hike and relax. I booked on priceline and got the hotel for around 1/2 price, the disadvanatage with priceline is you have to take what you get but usually it's not bad. The Shilo in has free wireless, 24 hour access to pool was good, they have some excersise machines in a little gym area, contenential breakfast was very good, the rooms are mini suites with a fridge and microwave and kitchen counter. The night manager was very nice, coverd parking is good (I was informed to take everything out of my car due to bears in the area, they like to break in). The facility and rooms are a bit dated, the bed was very comfortable, there are small older TVs in the room but overall it's a good place to lay stay (not the best) but for the money very good.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank roadtripteam
Beverly Hills
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I travel a lot on business and I stay mainly at hotels and sometimes motels. I found that this "Inn" to be lacking in many respects.

I had one particular problem that really made me mad. When I arrived, after checking in, the front desk clerk notified me that the only elevator that they had in the hotel was broken and they "didn't know when it would be fixed...that I had a choice of 2nd floor/pet floor or the 3rd floor or non-pet floor". The 2nd floor was actually up 2 flights of stairs!!!

I asked if they offered a discount and the manager yelled out from her office that since I purchased the room from hotels.com that there was no gurantee that there was a working elevator and therefore the Shilo Inn had no duty to compensate me in any way!!! The manager was less than accommodating and never even walked out to greet me. She yelled from her office!

I found this to be disgusting behavior! I have been to hundreds of hotels over the years and have never been treated with so litle respect. The people who arrived right after me were treated the same way!

Be warned that if you book through a 3rd party service this motel feels no obligation toward you in any way! They couldn't have cared less about my needs and kept throwing the fact that I booked through hotels.com at me as if it were a bad thing and meant I was a 3rd rate client.

I paid $120 for the room and had I paid less and stayed at a Motel 6 type motel then I wouldn't have expected too much. But at $120, far from the cheapest room in town, I expected at least marginal customer service.

I called Hotels.com and they confirmed that the elevator was out (they called the hotel for verification) and they offered me a $50 discount on my next hotel stay at any hotel. I thought that this was a fair and appropriate way to care for a client. Shilo should take a lesson!

The rooms are absolutely no better than any Motel 6. There is a smell of deodorant that can be smelled in all the hallways and rooms. If you are sensative, then this is not the place for you.

The decoration is marginal at best and the room is drab. Again, if you like and enjoy paying $100+ for a room that is decorated no better then Motel 6 then this is your kind of place. The bed covers are cheap and look old. Yuk! You can hear the plumbing in adjoining rooms and its loud.

I paid less for a motel room at Holiday Inn Express recently in Bourbonnais, Illinois (literally in the middle of nowhere ) and the room/service and quality was way, way better.

This place was depressing and I'm not saying this just because of the poor customer service. Its because of the quality of the rooms, poor amenities and customer service that outrageously poor!

If you feel that I'm being too harsh, please look at my other reviews. You won't see me slam a motel/hotel in any way to the extent that I'm doing in this review. I honestly don't think that you'll enjoy your stay here! BE WARNED!!! Unless you have really low standards you will be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Tahoskibum

Travelers are raving about these Mammoth Lakes hotels

Reno, NV
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Recently my girlfiend and I traveled to Mammoth to enjoy all the great outdoor activities. We've never much woried about where we stayed, as it was just a place to sleep and catch a shower, however, after staying at the Shilo Inn, things have changed. The staff was great, their manager Robb gave us some great tips on the best hiking trails and some places to relax in the evening. 24 hour access to the pool was wonderful to have. And thanks to a real complemetry breakfast, we saved time and money each morning!! We will deffenetly be staying with them again. Many thanks for going the extra mile!!!!

Epping, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Stayed here as a stop-over travelling between San Francisco and Las Vegas. First impressions on the outside were good - the staff were friendly at check-in but the lobby smelt funny.

The decor is very dated - from the 80s for sure. It needs some serious money spending on it to get it up to scratch. The room was fairly clean upon arrival, but the carpet was worn and the wallpaper was stained and had numerous rips and tears. The coffee machine had a brown stain in the water tank and smelt bad. The Microwave was from the 1950's and was dirty inside.

The only plus point was that they offered free wireless internet access.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 11, 2009

This hotel in the center of Mammoth Lakes is badly in need of updating. The room carpets and furniture are worn, the bathroom floor and walls were dirty and the wallpaper was scratched and ripped. I needed to clean the microwave with an antiseptic wipe before I touched it and the wipe came out black with dirt. It was also expensive, and the pool was out of service.