“Spacious room, 80's design”

Shilo Inn Suites Mammoth Lakes
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed one night during our south-west USA-tour.
Hotel has big rooms, with a sofa, two chairs, a large twin-bed. Bathroom with separate sink and a kitchenette. The interiour looks a bit corny, but everything is clean.
Swimming pool and fitness (both a bit small) are available (we did not use both).
Breakfast is displayed in the lobby, there are few places to sit and eat. But the waflemakers are very nice; you make your own fresh waffles at the spot!
Personell is reasonable friendly (not too...) but willing to help.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay in Mammoth Lakes. The staff will appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the room and their helpfulness. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed the freshly made Belgian Waffles, a big hit at breakfast!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at Shilo Inn for two nights and did not know much about the area so we picked it rather randomly. We would defintely stay there again. Good size room, comfy beds and perfect with the little "kitchen" in the room. Nice bathrooms that felt more updated then the actual room.

Whats best with the hotel though is the staff! Friendly, helpful and very happy and nice people. They made us feel very welcome and gave us great suggestions on restaurants and places to explore during the day.

Only thing that was a bit odd is that you eat breakfast in the gym. :)

We hope we'll be back during the winter in the future.

// The Swedes

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear CrazyRed78,

Thank you for taking the time to say a few words about the Shilo Inn Mammoth Lakes. This will be shared with the staff. It is always uplifting to know we are taking care of our guests. We look forward to your return this winter.

Sincerely

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have stayed in many different motels ,hotels in my travels for my job .
The price for the room was average for mammoth lakes ( unless you want to stay at motel 6)
The service at the front deck was good.
The room was very inviting or homey to me.
The room was clean, the water was hot , and the bed was comfortable.
There was a nice sitting area to relax in. I enjoyed my stay and
I will stay there again .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Greg,

We appreciate your taking the time to write a few words about your stay at the Shilo Inn in Mammoth Lakes, It is so nice to hear the positive reviews. We will share this with our hard-working staff and we look forward to your return to Shilo in Mammoth Lakes.
And, thank you, once again!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The good:
Renovation has replaced carpets on 3rd floor where I stayed. A/C unit was quiet as was room.
There is a covered parking garage which would be great when the snow flies.
Within walking distance of some fairly good eateries, like Chart House.
McDonalds right next door.
The not so good:
Average morning breakfast, nourishing but not special. Staff is cordial but not "happy-happy".
Some public areas could use a little sprucing up, mostly just blah now.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Eureka_9,

Thank you for your review and thoughts regarding your stay at the Shilo Inn Mammoth Lakes. We appreciate your views and will address the issues with the appropriate departments. We hope you will be able to come back to Mammoth Lakes and stay with us again.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

For what they charge, they should be very embarrassed! Overpriced! The front desk clerk was a jerk. The room was from 1970, the carpet you don’t ever want to know about, and the entire hotel is dirty. I would not recommend this place to anybody! Not even for 1 night. You can find a better value in Mammoth Lakes, there are plenty of other hotels. We had stayed in a Shiloh Inn in Palm Springs many many years ago and it was nice, so we thought this one would be nice too. But, apparently all the owners care about it making a lot of money and don’t care about the hotel condition or the way their employees LOOK and perform their duties.

Dear Sandee K,

We are sorry to hear about your stay at our hotel was not up to your expectations. Please contact me at mgrmamm@shiloinns.com and let me know more detail regarding your stay so we can be sure the appropriate departments are notified regarding your comments. Thank you.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I'm not picky, but I definitely will never stay again at Shilo Inn! First of all, you will not get a suite, but just a below average room. Probably, someone would like to have an extra telephone near the toilet, but I'd rather prefer to have working electric outlets and coffee maker. In my room in order to use electric appliances like hair drier or shaver it was necessary to plug them instead of coffee maker. When we tried to use the coffee maker, it instantly produced unknown light brown lukewarm liquid. The breakfast area so tiny, that it can fit only a few people, thus, many guests just have to go upstairs and eat "enjoying" smell of Clorox, because maids start to clean up empty rooms at this time. Food is OK for kids, but if there is a man in your party, you probably prefer to go out, so, bring extra cash, for, not all places in the area accept credit cards. At checkout the clerk Ramon was not able to print a detailed receipt, but tried to serve several customers at the same time, so everybody had to wait longer and felt ignored. I’m really regret that I didn’t pay attention to the review of another customer, who wrote that a clerk acted like he own the place and didn’t try to be polite, but just told everybody that the hotel is sold out. I got a proof of that review in hard way. Yes, there are not too many places to stay in this area, but this is not a reason to be treated like this. Choose another hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Natalia28917
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Natalia 28917,

Shilo Inn Mammoth appreciates all points of view. We are sorry to hear you were having problems with the electrical outlets in your room, I’m sure our maintenance staff would have been happy to assist you. Thank you for your views on housekeeping cleaning hours. Sounds like we need to adjust their schedule a bit when our 2nd floor meeting space is being used for breakfast bar seating. We are sorry our Front Desk Agent was struggling with our slow internet connection. I’m sure he did not mean to make you feel ignored. We do value your business. Please accept our apologies and reconsider another stay at any one of our Shilo Inn locations.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Family of 4 stayed in a 2 queen bed room at the Shilo Inn in August 2013.

We were on our way from Yosemite to Vegas and just stopped in without a reservation. Great service at the front desk. Price was a little steep ($148) for this type of hotel/room but I think this is Mammoth Lakes.

The hotel was clean, location was nice, rooms were large, beds were comfortable, coffee maker and fridge in room, heated indoor pool, free hot breakfast buffet, .............

Although this place is very clean, it is so outdated. Carpets, wallpaper, paint, furniture, is '70s, '80s The advertising inside the elevator has a picture of a woman wearing a dress and hairstyle that was in fashion in the early '80s

Also, the single elevator is so slow, I actually went up the 4 floors by foot to see if it was held by a guest or housekeeping. I had time to climb the steps to the 4th floor and come back down before the elevator arrived (I was bringing up my luggage not looking for exercise). The Wifi also kept going dead every 5 minutes - not disconnected just not downloading data.

To summarize, I am not disappointed with my stay but just not sure I would recommend it with all the other hotels, condos, inns in this area - There must be a newer place for the same price.

PS Please vote as helpful if you like this review

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank MICMERG
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear MICMERG,

We appreciate your views of the Shilo Inn Mammoth Lakes. We are pleased your room was clean and comfortable. We are gradually updating our décor, the wifi is being upgraded and should be complete by October, the provider says. We hope that you will return to see the improvements and continue to be a fan of Shilo Inn for your future stays.