“Rustic yet modern”

Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
“Rustic yet modern”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed in the chalet. Great location. Walking to restaurants and grocery. Bed was good not great. Needs a duvet cover double sheets were a little hard to keep straight. Overall very happy. I'm a doorman at a major metro Marriott and was happy with my stay. Kat and Kristin at the front office were friendly, approachable and made my stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Chocowinity, North Carolina
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The lobby, the room, I felt like I was back in the Adirondacks in upstate NY where the Rockefellers and DeBruns had their summer retreats. The lobby had a huge four sided wood burning fire place with sofa seating around all sides.

Our suite had a fire place with two leather reading chairs. Huge foot diameter four poster king bed provided great viewing point for the flat screen above the fireplace. The suite also had a convenient cooking flat top, mini fridge, high chairs and table for eating and a desk. The view from our window was the Sherwin Mountains. The bath had a soaking tub, separate spacious shower, two glass bowl sinks, heated floor for winter time comfort and even a heated toilet seat.

What else could one ask for? Oh, yes, Duke’s Bar where John Wayne, and others would partake of libations; three restaurants, pool and hot tub. This is a great choice for accommodations in Mammoth Lakes, CA.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite or chalet with mountain view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
UK
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice staff, rooms and atmosphere for a very good price. Room had small fridge and microwave which is great in this hot weather. However there is virtually no hanging space! One point for the Management, the chairs and tables around the pool were unusable as they were absolutely filthy. We too some fruit and salad outside while we were waiting for our room to be ready and could not use the furniture! Sad as the rest of the hotel is spotless!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The lobby of this hotel is really fantastic, we really liked the cosy atmosphere a lot. In comparison the room was pretty disappointing. We only stayed here overnight so for us it didn't really matter that much. But when I would consider a longer stay, I would ask another type of room or switch hotel. This room was too small and too dark. Breakfast was served next door, it was simple, not extensive, but more than ok.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our friend had her birthday party at Rafters last week. Being that it was off season up here, we decided to have a staycation and got a room at the Sierra Nevada Resort so we wouldn’t have to drive home. We ended up in a suite room and it was awesome. I wish we had had more time in the room and on the property to enjoy the amenities.

The room itself was spacious feeling with a King size (comfortable) bed. There was a propane fireplace on a timer which was great for falling asleep with it on. It had a kitchenette but we didn’t use it. The bathroom was very nice. It has a heated floor and a heated toilet seat (I’ve never used one and while it seems quite unnecessary, especially this time of year, it was quite amazing!). There was a large tub (wish I had had my Lush bath balls) and a large shower with two shower heads. The mini soaps and shampoos they provided seem to be a good quality.

The property itself offers a lot of amenities. Onsite are 3 restaurants and a mini golf course. I have eaten at all 3 and played the course (harder than it looks). I would imagine if I were staying for a number of days, this would be super convenient. The lobby of the lodge has been redone and is beautiful. There is a pool table (didn’t use but will!) and a cute little bar which I am looking forward to during the winter. The grand fireplace is beautiful. Being a local, I won’t be staying there in the winter, but I will probably come hang out in the lobby as I understand they plan on having some music as well.

We never made it to the pool, Jacuzzi or sauna so I can’t comment on those. In the morning we walked from the room to Rafters for breakfast. The path to get there goes through a cute little area with picnic tables and some chairs set up around a big fire drum. I think this place would be great for groups of families. I was very impressed with the improvements (especially since I had seen what it looked like before the remodel).

Room Tip: We got a remodeled suite and it was very nice. It wasn't a really busy time so it wasn't no...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Long Beach, California
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have stayed at the Sierra Nevada Lodge in Mammoth for years, and loved it! Our family used to stay in their Kitchen Suite Queen, which was a beautiful large vaulted room with 2 queen beds and a pull-out queen sofa. It was perfect for our party of 5. The rates were excellent for the area.
Last December, I booked a One Bedroom Chalet for my birthday weekend. They no longer had the Kitchen Suite Queen rooms, so I had reluctantly booked the One Bedroom Chalet. The week before we were to arrive, they called me, and told me that the had to cancel my reservation, because of their renovations. Luckily, I was able to get a room at the Mammoth Creek Inn, which was comparable to the Kitchen Suite Queen. They were very nice, and our family went back a few times.
I thought I would try the Sierra Nevada Lodge one more time from April 24-26, and reserved a One Bedroom Chalet. It was 2 smaller size rooms with a queen bed in the bedroom, and a pull-out sofa in the other room. It was nice, but I prefer the Kitchen Suite Queen.
In my opinion, they should have kept the rooms the same, and just upgraded the interior. Probably going to go back to Mammoth Creek Inn in the future, because the Sierra Nevada changed too much for my family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JMR17
Brentwood, California
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I stumbled upon this place by accident. The exterior looks like a clean roadside motel, but once you step inside, it is gorgeous. The staff was very friendly and really took care of any problems we had. The rooms are amazing with beds high off the floor anf beautifully decorated. I think we had about 10 pillows on our bed. Will definitely go again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple