“Considering expense in the city this is good”

Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Its an expensive tourist town so everything is expensive and thats the same in towns nearby. I think I got it for like 90 dollars for a night for a bedroom that was clean and averge but that did it for me.

Free parking. Swimming pool is available. Staff is friendly. Clean and to the point place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you're looking for a good place to sleep at a great price, this is your spot! This always used to be the "go to" spot for a budget Mammoth Trip with the guys. I definitely recommend for everyone who doesn't want to break their bank :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank BKing85
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I traveled to Mammoth in the winter and this was one of the less expensive way to go since all the rest of the hotels were either way expensive or completely booked. We decided to try this motel and actually it wasn't that bad at all. The room was small but it was recently renovated and everything was clean and new. The motel is near lots of shops and restaurants and the village of Mammoth mountain. The wifi did not work the whole time we were there. But overall if your in Mammoth for a few days, it's not a bad option to consider this motel.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank vmoralesq74
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This 6 motel has been great over the years, but on our visit this fall it was a disaster. They have been doing some semi-bogus 'renovations' that have the place in complete disrepair, for little apparent improvement, but an apparent significant price increase. 6 motels are doing this all over, pretty lame. As far as I can tell, the main change is the installation of a small flat screen TV, encased in a glorified surround that is basically a large piece of black-painted plywood.

Still, a good location for a decent price.
But very disappointing, compard to the past.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs, facing the back. Way better than the alternative.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed in Mammoth Lakes as part of our Honeymoon road trip from Vegas to San Francisco and picked Mammoth Lakes as a place to stop the day before entering Yosemite National Park. We had no idea what to expect of Mammoth Lakes and were delighted with what we found.

Being British and being disappointed that our previous Motel 6 near Death Valley had been very similar to a UK Travelodge, I was delighted that Motel 6 Mammoth was a classic motel, with rooms accessed from the outdoors facing straight onto the parking lot. On checking in, we were greeted by an extremely friendly receptionist and were allocated a newly refurbished room. The room was great, and we were lucky enough to be the first occupants since its renovation. A brand new bed and tv were included and we had an extremely comfortable stay. Despite temperatures in Mammoth dropping to -2 centigrade over night, we were plenty warm enough in the room.

The only negative was that the WiFi which we had paid 6 dollars for kept dropping out and on the morning we left was not working at all. A small niggle in a very comfortable night's stay.

I would love to go back to Mammoth Lakes in the future and would have no issues spending a night or two at Motel 6.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Owen S
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear OwenSetter,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent honeymoon travels. We are glad to hear that your stay was pleasant and our property met your needs. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Super friendly, knowledgeable staff...new rooms...cheap rates...and all kinds of great places to eat right across the street.
My dog Louie and I were headed up to Leavitt Meadows to do an overnight llama adventure with our newest llama, Theo. I think Mammoth is around 7k altitude so spending a night on the way gave us a head start on the altitude, since we live at sea level.
Nice new rooms, new beds...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I booked this motel online on Booking.com but when I got to the motel the staff couldn't find my info at all. I thought the rates listed on Booking.com were too high already for a Motel 6 but it was even higher when I got to the motel. Not sure if it was Booking.com's fault or the motel itself but I've never seem to have any issues with Booking.com. Since I don't know the place well and didn't want to drive around looking for a room, I had to take it. It was cold and I just want to sleep. The room itself was small but it was clean so I give them credit for that. This motel did not provide breakfast either unlike most I've been to. No free wifi!

Room Tip: I would always choose upper floors just for the quietness.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo