“Good for a stop off”

Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Motel was clean and cheap. Check in was a little rushed (one lady on her own trying to clear a queue) but she was helpful and offered menus and map of the local area which did help us find somewhere close to eat. The rooms were nothing special but did the job we needed. Was way to cold to use the pool but I am sure it would have been good in a little more heat! Nice low budget motel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scuba-Lip
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We just had an enjoyable stay here on our way home after a week in Yosemite National Park. We called around and found it was priced waaay below what the other hotel/motels in the Mammoth/Bishop regions were charging.
Surprisingly, even at busy afternoon check-in, the staff proved to be welcoming, well-trained personnel! Exceptionally helpful with suggestions for sightseeing and meals, super friendly and accommodating with extra towel and pillow requests.
The beds are not the highest quality, and the rooms are on the small side. But ours was equipped with a handy microwave and refrigerator! And everything was clean and well kept especially considering this resort/ski- town’s heavy use.
We were happy with the central location and also pleasantly surprised at the grounds…nice outdoor heated pool, well-kept grassy areas, and excellent surrounding locale to take a walk with our car-weary canine companion.
I would highly recommend this Motel 6 if you’re in need of a simple resting place to crash, and more interested in the scenery you're seeing outside than the posh-ness of any interiors. It’s a great value, and although it's certainly nothing fancy; it's a great place to lay your head especially when you’re spending most of your memorable time in the open air anyway!

Room Tip: We chose a room around the back side of the motel where it was convenient to park by the door, and t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Motel 6 was clean and good for a night on our way to Las Vegas, WiFi is extra, but the room was so cheap, you can't complain. The staff were friendly and very helpful too. we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Friendly staff, great location... Good place for the guys to stay on a fishing or skiing trip, but the family wanted a few small details. A hair dryer, plusher towels and shampoo... Overall it's an OK place to stay for a low budget getaway, but I'd pick a different place to go for a couples getaway. You can't beat Mammoth for a place to go to unwind and recharge yourself...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Let me start by saying, I am not a fan of Motel 6's. My husband is a fan of inexpensive hotels, so we have stayed in a number of Motel 6's through the years. A couple of those branches I will NEVER return to. However, Motel 6 in Mammoth is ACTUALLY pretty nice. It is ALWAYS clean. The staff is always friendly. Parking is easy. And yes, it usually IS the least expensive place to stay in Mammoth. It is not fancy, but come on, you know that going in. This Motel 6 exceeds my expectations of a Motel 6 and THAT is why I will stay there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The motel is the cheapest in all of Mammoth Lakes. The light appeared to be burned out in their sign so it's very hard for them to advertise "We keep the lights on for you." Check-in is quick and easy. Despite being super cold outside, the rooms are nice and warm. They tend to put pets in all of the rooms so if you're allergic to pets, I would advise staying elsewhere. Don't count on the WiFi being free as it is mentioned on some other sites. They charge you per-day. The bus stop is right down the short driveway, which is convenient when you don't want to drive anywhere or you want to go drink at the bars.

Room Tip: It's easier to get to the rooms on the bottom floor during the winter because the stairs become...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We woke up bitten from head to toe from fleas in our beds....NO JOKEI

I wouldn't even give this place a one star rating but I liked the fact that when I showed the manager the fleas that were collected from the bed that I slept in he told me to 'keep it quiet', got me a new room and discounted me a night. HOW NICE IS THAT? I suffered from itchy flea sores all weekend. My mini ski vacation to Mammoth was completely ruined by staying in this place and I WILL NEVER GO BACK.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ali s
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the unpleasant experience you had during your recent stay and appreciate your bringing these issues to our attention. The conditions and service you described are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We kindly suggest that you contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to help us better address these issues: 1-800-557-3435.