“It may just be a Motel 6, but it is the NICEST Motel 6!”

Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
Colton, California
“It may just be a Motel 6, but it is the NICEST Motel 6!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Let me start by saying, I am not a fan of Motel 6's. My husband is a fan of inexpensive hotels, so we have stayed in a number of Motel 6's through the years. A couple of those branches I will NEVER return to. However, Motel 6 in Mammoth is ACTUALLY pretty nice. It is ALWAYS clean. The staff is always friendly. Parking is easy. And yes, it usually IS the least expensive place to stay in Mammoth. It is not fancy, but come on, you know that going in. This Motel 6 exceeds my expectations of a Motel 6 and THAT is why I will stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The motel is the cheapest in all of Mammoth Lakes. The light appeared to be burned out in their sign so it's very hard for them to advertise "We keep the lights on for you." Check-in is quick and easy. Despite being super cold outside, the rooms are nice and warm. They tend to put pets in all of the rooms so if you're allergic to pets, I would advise staying elsewhere. Don't count on the WiFi being free as it is mentioned on some other sites. They charge you per-day. The bus stop is right down the short driveway, which is convenient when you don't want to drive anywhere or you want to go drink at the bars.

Room Tip: It's easier to get to the rooms on the bottom floor during the winter because the stairs become...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
san diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We woke up bitten from head to toe from fleas in our beds....NO JOKEI

I wouldn't even give this place a one star rating but I liked the fact that when I showed the manager the fleas that were collected from the bed that I slept in he told me to 'keep it quiet', got me a new room and discounted me a night. HOW NICE IS THAT? I suffered from itchy flea sores all weekend. My mini ski vacation to Mammoth was completely ruined by staying in this place and I WILL NEVER GO BACK.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ali s
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We apologize for the unpleasant experience you had during your recent stay and appreciate your bringing these issues to our attention. The conditions and service you described are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We kindly suggest that you contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to help us better address these issues: 1-800-557-3435.

Travelers are raving about these Mammoth Lakes hotels

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is a nice little motel that is in a great location. The huge bonus for me is that they take dogs for free! The service was excellent and the rooms were clean and warm. The beds were surprisingly comfortable, although the pillows were just marginal....but the most noteworthy thing about the room? The water pressure in the shower was phenomenal! I actually had to turn the water volume down..unheard of!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Karise, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We - a Danish senior couple on a car tour across the US - were heading for San Francisco and stopped at Motel 6 in Mammoth Lakes. Had been in Kingman East Motel 6 as well.
Again a pleasant surprise. Very good value for the money.
Clean, inviting and little things that were not in order were attended to immediately. Lightbulbs out of order.
Everything you need: TV, microwave, fridge, internet and a nice bed with cotton sheets, clean.
Everything was clean, as a matter of fact.
Enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this Motel 6 numerous times over the past 2 decades. In all cases the rooms were fairly clean and in decent condition (as in not falling apart), and my last stay was no different. The motel was not particularly full on my last stay, but I don't recall the guests as being particularly rowdy here. I always got a good night's rest after a day of skiing.

Yes the pillows suck and the blanket and towels are thin and the bed has that awful looking bedspread but that's just part of the Motel 6 experience. You can always bring your own towels and pillows and even blankets if it bothers you that much. For the money (and Mammoth is notorious for expensive yet subpar lodging) I can live with these shortcomings. That said, management should note a few things.

This Motel 6 was probably remodeled about 10 years ago and it could use a bit of a facelift again. The toilet and tub were OK but the sink had numerous cracks around the drain. The double-pane windows are a welcome relief from the old single-pane ones it used to have, but as always the door doesn't particularly seal well. Not a problem in summer, but definitely an issue in winter when I usually visit Mammoth. I had to run the heater pretty much the entire night.

Another issue is that the outlets are extremely worn anld wouldn't hold a plug anymore. The few that did work properly were already taken up for the TV and the fridge/microwave. The TV in my room was somewhat problematic in that you would only get snow for a few minutes until it warmed up. It's an old CRT-style TV and perhaps Motel 6 should finally upgrade these to flat screens.

I will continue to stay here though, and for people who aren't picky about their lodgings it's sufficient.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

For the money you pay, you get seriously good customer service. They really charge the least in town and have a great cancelation policy. It's motel 6 though, it doesn't feel like home, the sheets/blanket don't feel new and the towls are very thin and not soft.. good location.. I always come here when I'm at Mammoth by myself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo