Rodeway Inn dba Wildwood Inn
Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$187
$154
Sierra Nevada Resort & Spa(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotels.com
Quality Inn(Mammoth Lakes)
$120
$104
QualityInn
$189
Westin.com
Mammoth Mountain Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$120
Agoda.com
Juniper Springs Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$184
$129
Sierra Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
Mammoth Creek Inn(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$164
$143
Travelocity
The Village Lodge(Mammoth Lakes)
$244
$189
Tamarack Lodge and Resort(Mammoth Lakes)(Great Value!)
$179
$96
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbrother sisternew managershot tubcoffee machinestay nightsqueen roomflat screenmammoth areachecking outmammoth mountainvillagerefrigeratorpropertiesski
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Having stayed tin June, 2010, at the Econo lodge at Mammoth Lakes, my husband and I found it to be extremely good value for money.
There were drinks (coffee, tea or hot chocolate) to be had on arrival and a coffee maker in the room.
The receptionist, the owner, was most friendly and willing to help should we need it.
Admittedly the stairs up to the second floor, which were carpeted, were in need of a clean. However, the room itself was very nicely furnished and clean. The bed was most comfortable.
There was even a breakfast with cereal and cake in addition to a drink. This is more than some hotels double the cost offer!
Therefore, as stated before, we considered the Econo Lodge to be extremely good value for the money we paid and better than several more expensive hotels we have been to. We would certainly use it again if ever we are in this area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Review are all over the place, it depends on how picky you are, there are plenty of other options at twice the price, so go there if you need new everything.

If all you are looking for is a cheap, clean, yet very dated room with refrigerator and microwave, walking distance to shopping, restuarants and liquor store, pet friendly, free dependable WiFi and Direct TV with an excellent selection as cable so for the quick solo or buddies trip where price is key. This is an excellent choice. Lady at front desk knew about skiing and advised me where to go when was going to be very windy, the next day. I appreciated that.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Stay away from this hotel!!! It is filthy. When we checked in we discovered feces all along the back rim of the toilet. It was 2 am and we had been on the road for 7 hours so we went to bed. In the morning my husband spoke to the manager and told him the bathroom was filthy and we wanted housekeeping sent to our room. We returned at 4:30 in the afternoon to find that housekeeping had been to the room but the toilet was not clean. The feces was still all over the rim of the toilet bowl. Housekeeping obviously does not clean the toilet at all! We brought the manager to the room to see the disgusting state of the toilet for himself. At this point we were not going to stay another night. We packed our bags and told the manager we were leaving. He initially refused to give us our money back for that night even though we were leaving because of the disgusting condition of the room. He finally refunded one night after much heated arguing and his insistence that the hotel is clean. When we got home we complained to Choice Hotels International and requested our money back for the first night. Their response was was they they do not handle financial interactions. They could only file a complaint and that the hotel had 72 hours to reply. We never heard from the Econolodge. When I called customer service back they said they could give me half of my money back for the first night in the form of gift cards. When I said this was unacceptable they finally agreed to send me a check for the full amount. If filthy bathrooms are not enough to keep you away the beds are hard and the rooms smell. I will choose another hotel chain before I stay at a Choice Hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank winter1traveler
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I stayed here in January when the HUGE snowstorm arrived and dumped something like 6ft in 4 days. My boyfriend was working at the mountain and I had come to visit him for a week. Seeing that he lived in staff housing with five other guys, we decided to get a room at the Econolodge, which was just across the main road. We found Kenny (the owner) and his wife to be very friendly and pleasant. They had a small child who was also rather amusing. The room was old and dated but clean and comfortable. The heater/aircon in the room was old (and as others have mentioned) it was difficult to control the temperature. Seeing that there was a blizzard for most of my trip, it was handy to have the bus stop right out the front; or you could walk to the village in about 10-15 minutes. Kenny tried his best to snow-mow and keep the stairs and landings clear. There is a heated pool and jaccuzi that I saw people using (even in the blizzard). Breakfast was very simple but fulfilling. We payed about USD$70/night for our room and I think we got a bargain, I wouldn't have paid too much more for the room. Will look at coming back and staying here again next time I'm in Mammoth.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2009

This is a very high priced area for hotels/motels. If you want to pay a lot and have a fancy view then don't stay here, but if you want a clean stop for the night at a reasonable price then this is the place to stay. Pet friendly.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple