1,273 results
All reviewswhitebark restaurantwhite barkself parkingheavenly bedwindow seatstudio suitestarbucks coffeeglass of champagnemini kitchenresort feestove tophotel restaurantgas fireplacekids clubshuttle servicebeautiful resortflights of stairs
Reviewed November 29, 2017

To be fair, this is probably the best hotel in the Mammoth area. It's close to the Village and is nice overall. It's just that overall it's so-so; and my sense is that they can get away with it due to local competition. The rooms are somewhat small, the service a bit slow, the restaurant overpriced, the kids club good yet uninspired. Yet, where else is there? I'd prefer to rent a condo next time and just make my own bed :) Especially during heavy traffic times where rates are a premium, I just don't think this hotel is worth it.

Room Tip: The rooms are smaller than the pics
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Traveler815
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Dear Traveler815,

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We strive to offer our guests an outstanding experience, and I apologize that we fell short of your expectations. We value your feedback to help us make improvements in our service and property. We are currently re-energizing many of our products and services so I hope on your next visit to Mammoth you will give us another chance and enjjoy our Westin experience. Please contact me directly so I can assist you with reservations if you chose to return.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

Nice hotel in a ski resort town. Lobby attractive with coffee or hot chocolate all day. The condition of the property is fairly good, despite evidence of lots of use. Our room had a pleasant view across the road to the mountains. It was a well-designed space with an efficiency kitchen, small fireplace, nice sitting area and large, comfortable bed. A bit "standard chain hotel" but very clean, pleasant and comfortable.

Pretty outdoor swimming pool area that was great in October with Fall colors in the surrounding trees.Only criticisms were that the gym was fine but could be a upgraded a bit. There was a torn fabric on the armchair in our room, although the rest of the furnishings were in good shape. And finally, there is a $25 per day resort fee to factor into your costs.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Hello,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Fall in Mammoth is a beautiful time of year. We appreciate your comments in regards to our rooms and fitness center, and would like to let you know we are currently working on plans to renovate both areas in the near future. We hope to see you back again at The Westin Monache as Mammoth is a wonderful destination to visit in any season.

Regards,
Leisha

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Get a room with a view preferably looking out at Sherri s or Mammoth mountain
Dog friendly, free Starbucks coffee in lobby every morning
Great beds, restaurant for breakfast but don’t order the sushi for dinner

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends

Hello Mamoth3128,

Thank you for the good review! We're glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We have a new Executive Chef who joined us last week and is getting prepared to unveil a new menu. I've seen some samples of the new offerings, and I think everyone is going to enjoy the new menu.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 7, 2017

Typically when we get to Mammoth I do either a cabin or condo, but this was just a quick trip to get away from the miserable heat wave in So. Cal.
We decided to stay at the Westin and boy was I thrilled.

From the moment we checked in, our stay was perfect. We were upgraded to a premium one bedroom room and we had a nice living room with fireplace and a balcony, a table with 4 chairs, a very well stocked kitchenette, bath and spacious bedroom.
The room was extremely clean and comfortable.
We did enjoy the happy hour down in White Bark the on property restaurant and bar. The food was very good and the drinks were great.

The location can't be beat. Sitting on a hill near across from The Village, the hotel makes it very easy to get to the ski lift if you are skiing, or walk over to additional restaurants and shops.

Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beetrvln

Hello Beetrvln,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us! Mammoth is a great place for a relaxing (and cool) getaway. Thank you for your kind words regarding our rooms and Whitebark Restaurant, and we hope to see you back again to take advantage of all Mammoth has to offer.

Leisha

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 3 nights mid October and were surprised that the hotel was relatively full for an off season weekend. Our room was well appointed with seating area including a pull out sofa. The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet at night with no road noise or neighbor noise for that matter. We had a small kitchen with glasses, plates and cookware. A stove top and microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, sink, toaster and dishwasher. We used the kitchen mostly for breakfast and staging food to take on our daily outings to photograph the beautiful natural environs around Mammoth Lakes. We ate one dinner and had one breakfast at the hotel restaurant, Whitebark , reviewed separately. The hotel has a beautiful pool and spa area but we did not find time to go check it out. If I have any complaints it would be 1. The $25 per day resort fee and 2. The room tax and local taxes are high compared to other resorts I have stayed at, they even tax and add resort tax to the daily resort fee, which to me is like taxing a tax. 3. The parking garage is narrow and spaces tight. The rooms are apparently individually owned and rented when owners are not using them.
Final verdict: good but not great and more than a little overpriced. Don’t miss driving up to the Minaret overlook past Mammoth ski area, about 6 miles from the hotel. Devils Postpile National Park also was well worth seeing

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ron L
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Dear Mr. Lykins,

We're glad you were able to experience the wonders of fall here in the Eastern Sierra and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that our city taxes do not keep you from visiting us again.

Best regards.