What a gem. First, this hotel is very new. It was built in 2006 and is modern and nice looking. It is located right next to the village which has shops, restaurants and entertainment. It really makes a nice center for Mammoth. You just go down about 2 flights of stairs and you are at the village and ready for a nice dinner outside on the patio in summer.
The hotel is dog friendly which is a double edge sword. We brought our dog and were welcomed. It was very nice to be able to travel with our dog. However, that means there are other dog owners there who are not so conscientious. So there is the occasional dog poop around. For non dog owners that would be a problem. This is NOT the hotels fault.
The hotel staff is very friendly and could not do enough to give us directions, help information or just play with our dog. They have free coffee in the lobby in the morning or in the room from a coffee maker provided. (nice touch). They also had hydrating water with fruit in it in the lobby. That was a nice touch.
I would highly recommend this hotel based upon its modern rooms, friendly staff, location and dog friendly approach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the spectacular Eastern Sierras, The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth enjoys a prime location with stunning panoramic views of the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Starwood, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Westin Monache Resort Mammoth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Monache Resort Mammoth Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Westin Monache Hotel Mammoth
- Westin Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Westin