This is Sunny the Dog folks. My master asked me to write this review based on my experiences. First of all, this hotel is pet friendly! By that I am sure that they really mean dogs, because I didn't see any cats. There is a treat bowl in the lobby, and all of the staff gave me head pats and scratched behind my ears at every opportunity. When we checked in the staff brought up a bed for me - sized according to my slim figure - and a set of water and food bowls. My bed was made by the same company that made my master's bed. It was heavenly!
When my masters had breakfast or dinner (happy hour from 4-6 p.m.), they hitched my leash to a bannister next to the restaurant while they ate (I think that the happy hour menu was their favorite). All sorts of people came by and petted me. Once in a while another dog came by and we got to say Hi!
The grounds outside the hotel have some nice open spaces where I could run, sniff out birds, and take care of my personal business. There were also conveniently placed dispensers for small plastic bags for you-know-what.
The room was very spacious, with a kitchenette, refrigerator, microwave, coffee machine, and plates and utensils, and a gas fireplace.
The hotel is located at the foot of Mammoth mountain. If you go down about 75 steps, you get right to the gondola that takes you to the ski area. It was summer when I went, so I didn't ride that. There is a Village where the Gondola is, that has all sorts of stores, restaurants, shops, and games outside for kids and adults to play. I spent a lot of time sunning myself in front of the Starbucks store.
My master took me on walks starting at the hotel and going up Lake Mary Road. One day we walked on a really nice path all the way to Twin Lakes. What a beautiful view!!
When they advertise "Pet Friendly", they really mean it. I give it five paws. My master agrees!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the spectacular Eastern Sierras, The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth enjoys a prime location with stunning panoramic views of the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Starwood and Jetsetter so you can book your Westin Monache Resort Mammoth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Monache Resort Mammoth Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Westin Monache Hotel Mammoth
- Westin Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Westin