The first time we've had a stay at the Westin Monache was back in august 2008. We were on our way to El portal - San Francisco. It's been a great experience even tho' it's been too short (one night stay).
So we knew that we'd give it a try again. That's what we did back in august 2011. Tghis time weve had a 6 night stay on our way to Las Vegas.
And it was worth it!
Let's make it simple :
-High quality service (lobby, valet)
- Great location
- Decent fitness room
- Swimming pool
- Fast elevators
- Nice view
- Large suite with all the equipement you may expect (TV, micro wave oven, plates, glasses, coffe machine,ice maker, dishwasher....).
But there again, and we mean it, a VERY good service. We hardly move on to some less than 4 stars hotels. Compared to alla the other 4* or 5* hotels we've tried in the US, this one comes first.
A special thank to Karen who's tried to be so accomodating regarding the loss of our baggage (thanks American airlines ugly customers support).
Regarding it is locations, the Hotel is next to a small "village" wich features some animations, restaurants and small shops. Nothing huge but a cute place that's worth a walk & an ice cream @ Ben & Jerry's or else.
Town is not located too far away and the Hotel is even organizing some transportations solutions (free Westin shuttle) for you. Just ask the concierge! However, it makes it easy to shop at the nearest supermarket down there (restaurants ain't really good besides the Hotel's one).
If you feel like hiking (shuttles right next to the Hotel) or visiting Yosemite (1h away, car), June lake (20 mn, car) Monobasin (35 - 40 mins, car), or Bodie (1h away, car), this is also a perfect location.
The free high speed Internet was good enough to allow some (slow) remote desktop connections (better so far than what we had in various locations such as NYC or LA...).
By the wya, there is room for some improvements into room cleaning (it is good, but not perfect).
We've had a very pleasant stay at the Westin Monache and this is a place we keep on recommanding to our friend visting this area at summer time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the spectacular Eastern Sierras, The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth enjoys a prime location with stunning panoramic views of the mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Westin Monache Resort Mammoth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Monache Resort Mammoth Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Westin Monache Hotel Mammoth
- Westin Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Westin