“Fantastic atmosphere and service”

The Stove Restaurant Country Cookin
Ranked #10 of 90 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

As soon as we walked in we knew we were into a winner. A selection of their desert pies are in the entrance way and make you think twice about having a main course and just jumping straight to dessert!

Within seconds of being seated we had glasses of water and biscuits and muffins on the table - the latter included in your meal price. Excellent value.

Both of our meals were delicious - I had the fried chicken and my friend the pot pie. You get a side of your choosing with your meal - the mushrooms are to die for!

Finally we had to have a slice of homemade apple pie, which we had as take out. Wow. Simply wow.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We recently had breakfast at the Stove. The service was fast and everyone was friendly. My daughter and I ordered pancakes and my husband order the Sierra skillet. The food was passable. I'm not sure if I would make a special trip to eat there, however if I were already in the vicinity I would pop in.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel. He said it was under new ownership, locals go there, you can get breakfast for dinner, and it's home cooking/comfort food. We did go for dinner. With every meal, you get muffins and biscuits. You also get a choice of about 12 different side dishes. The waiter did a great job giving us recommendations of what to order including how to get it prepared and what sides are the best in his opinion since it was our first time here. Overall, we liked everything and would eat there again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've been going to the Stove for a number of years and have never been disappointed. Visited over Memorial Day weekend and had the fried chicken, which was excellent. A half-chicken fried perfectly and very juicy, along with the pan-fried potatoes. Two others had the prime rib which was also tasty. Prices are fairly high, but that's everywhere in Mammoth. Breakfast is also very good. Big portions of all the favorites. Consistently one of the best restaurants in Mammoth.

1  Thank longnex
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Stove might look rather unspectacular from the outside, and even after you enter you might wonder if you made the right decision, but then you order the burgers and / or rips and you don't want to leave anymore!
We travel quiet a bit every year and that a food outlet is memorable is rare, but The Stove will stay in our memory, so both thumbs up!!!