“great place for dinner comfort food”

The Stove Restaurant Country Cookin
Ranked #10 of 91 Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed February 9, 2013

we had dinner at the stove and boy was it good.had a nice prime rib dinner and a piece of boysenberry oie. cant go wrong with this palce. nice and clean and friendly staff. always go there fro breakfast but so glad we went for dinner. skip the high price ticket and the over priced wines you can get it all at the the sove.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

great food and service. We were up for the weekend and ended up finding The Stove by accident. glad we did. We ate too many meals up at the village and felt like we were going broke. Found the Stove restaurant at the other end of town Its a very homey place with lots of comfort dishes and the staff is so pleasant.We ended up having omlettes and french toast. We also ended up going there for dinner. try their fried chicken and pot pies so yummy. happy eating.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Good food. That seems to be the consensus with most of the reviews here, even the negative ones. What you see is what you get. Big California breakfasts and even fresh orange juice. Who does that?

I'm sure the dining room has been spruced up since I was last here and the staff seems more attentive too. Recommended, especially if you're looking for good comfort food.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I came in with a couple of friends for a mid-morning slice of pie and cup of coffee. All the staff who greeted us were warm, friendly, and attentive. The blueberry pie I ordered (a large slice with a lattice crust) made my day, and their fresh-ground coffee was the best I had had in a while. The atmosphere was homey and cozy. Nothin' fancy, and it made me feel right at home. If I head back up that way, I think I'll stop by there once more. The place was pretty busy when we went, which goes to show they're doing something right!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great for breakfast, especially if you are a hearty eater! We had dinner here, too, but breakfast is the best. Friendly atmosphere.