“All You Can Eat Rib Night”
Review of Angel's Restaurant - CLOSED

Angel's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Angel's is a Mammoth tradition and your local family restaurant serving up fresh food cooked to order in a timely manor. Also stop by to enjoy our bar and generous happy hour or to catch a game on one of three tvs.
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Having been going to Angel's since 2008 and was disappointed last summer when I found out they had discontined the Tuesday and Wednesday all you can eat beef and pork ribs. Imagine this was due to the new ownership along with some of the changes talked about below. It was a great deal for $9.99 or $10.99 as I recall and I was sorry to see it go. Maybe the owner can shed some light on what happened.

1  Thank DDrakeShermanOaks_CA

Reviewed April 30, 2012

The food was good, nice selection including vegetarian choices. Nice casual atmosphere, friendly staff.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I am a vegetarian and this restaurant does not offer much, but they do have the best mac and cheese I have ever had. Several types of cheese and you can add some selected items to the mac and cheese. Great little cheese muffins to go with it

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Keeping in mind that this is Mammoth, land of the average restaurant, I wasn't holding out for something worthy of a Michelin star. The way people in town talk about this place make me curious, so last week we finally decided to give Angel's a try.

Being a very snowy and busy weekend, I knew we'd be in for a wait- 45 minutes to be exact. I was fine with that. It gave me 45 minutes to watch what was quite possibly the rudest host I've ever encountered at a restaurant. This younger guy had absolutely zero people skills and did not smile once.

After about 30 minutes into our wait, a couple came in. They were quoted a lengthy wait time so they asked for a menu to place a to go order. The host said it would take awhile to give them menus because he had other things to do. This all occurred at the host stand where the menus were 6 inches from his hand! I couldn't believe it. The guy wales out and said" wow, there's customer service for you!" I was really shocked that he would treat a customer like that.

All of his phone calls were answered very rudely and he never once said thank you or goodbye. This guy was a real gem.

On to the food- Ick!

So, apparently the BBQ is supposed to be good, but none of the 4 of us ordered it. My husband got a ribeye that was wafer thin and fatty. No sauce, no seasonings. It came with a square of utterly bland fried Mac and cheese. It was a total waste. Oh, and one medium spear of broccoli. Whoop de do! This was no way near worth the $19 it cost.

I ordered the smothered chicken. Now this is no health food dish by any means. I wasn't looking for heart healthy. It consisted of a fried chicken breast, two thick slices of way over smoked lunch meat ham, nasty as hell salty gravy and a melted cheese. I couldn't eat the gravy to save my life. It was enough salt to kill a lesser person.

My daughter ordered the smoked chicken breast and fries off the kids menu. I never expect a kids menu to be phenomenal. This didn't disappoint. The chicken breast came totally dry, no sauce, nada. The meat was super dry. No amount of BBQ sauce or ranch could have resurrected this dead bird.

Kid number 2 ordered a burger. He was happy.

Overall, don't subject yoursel to nasty staff and grim food, even in Mammoth. If you want BBQ go to the Smokeyard in the village. The staff are friendly and the food is good.

3  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We went to Angel's while in town a year ago. My wife liked it, and she tends to be rather critical. So she didn't object when I suggested returning to Angel's this year. Again, we were pleased.

First, the beer is very fresh and cold. We were told that they don't offer pitchers because they don't want your beer to get warm. So instead, they serve $4.00 pints.

We liked the build-your-own macaroni and cheese, wherein you can add from a variety of meats and vegetables. We had bacon bits, broccoli and jalapenos in our macaroni. Yum. My daughter loved her turkey pot pie. Service was good. Excellent value. We'll definitely return.