“A Great Family Meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
California
“A Great Family Meal”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family visited Roberto's on July 3rd after reading reviews here on Tripadvisor and we were treated to a fabulous meal and great service. It was quite busy when we arrived but we were seated quickly, had our order taken promptly, and had food brought out in a timely fashion. I had the carne asada burrito and it was excellent. My wife and kids had various combos and we all agreed that it was a fantastic meal. And this is quite an accomplishment with my kids being as finicky and aprehensive as they are with trying new places. But Roberto's hit a home run and we will surely return the next time we are in Mammoth. I only wish this place was in my home town!

• Visited July 2013
Roberto_cafe, Owner at Roberto's Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thanks for the review. so glad the whole family was happy. that's what we strive for!

San Jose, CA
“Long time away, still good.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hadn't been here since before they added the upstairs. It was always way crowded with people outside. This time, even though we were told 25 minutes for a table, we went upstairs and got seats at the bar within a minute. I had the duck burrito. Not greasy, and a good size. The margarita pours were great and the service at the bar was fast and friendly. Glad we came back.

• Visited July 2013
Thanks you for the review. Hope to see you back soon
“Tasty and Friendly”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Roberto's was our first stop after a long drive to Mammoth Lakes. We read they have a dog-friendly patio. Not only was it dog-friendly, it was people-friendly too! There were plenty of customers with dogs snoozing under their chairs and everyone was enjoying the beautiful day. Umbrellas provided shade for those of us who need it and the margaritas provided refreshment. Our food was quite good and the portions are huge. My husband and I could have shared a meal and been very satisfied. I certainly recommend Roberto's, especially if you're traveling with your dog.

• Visited July 2013
Roberto_cafe, Manager at Roberto's Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for the review.
We hope to see you guys and your dog back soon
San Diego, California
“food poisoning”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I eat here on June 20, 2013 on our honeymoon. The food was tasty. However within 6 hours my husband was vomiting and experiencing diarrhea. The next day I ate our takeout leftovers and experienced vomiting and diarrhea. When I called the restaurant to share our experience, the gentleman I spoke with did not seem the least bit interested when I was trying to share with him. I felt compelled to contact the Dept of Health in Mammoth.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank Terry L
California
“First place for dinner when we hit Mammoth”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great Mexican food with good service. It offers a little different take on some standard fare. Like Lobster and Shrimp but outstanding. My family always says they wish it wasn't a 5 hour drive to go the Roberto's.

Visited June 2013
Roberto_cafe, Owner at Roberto's Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
thanks for making the drive. Thanks for the review!
joanie