“Great Food and Happy Hour”

Roberto's Mexican Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Try the Happy Hour for great drinks and the best View. The food is always good.

Roberto_cafe, Owner at Roberto's Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thanks old timer
Hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Roberto's Mexican Cafe

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Everything cooked fresh, fun place to visit lots of food and very flavorful

Thanks Bonnie
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 24, 2012

My rule is this- the further away you get from the border, the crappier the Mexican food gets. I grew up in San Diego and live in Santa Monica. I think in was Mexican in some past life. I'll ooccasionally break my own rule only within the confines of California. Glad I did by visiting Robertos.

My family has been three times in two weeks now. We are sold on the great taste and huge portions you receive. So far we have had machaca and a machaca burrito which were generously high on the meat to egg ratio. The carne asada taco was great. The meat was surprisingly tender and had a great grilled crispiness on the outside. Both types of beans, whole and refried are solid and the rice is excellent. The kids have had burritos and chicken tacos which were great as well. Oh, and the Albondigas soup....my favorite! You have to try it.

Don't leave without a margarita. The Horny Bob is flavorful as well as pleasantly lethal. The Pomarita is deceptive as well. It's goes down smooth like juice and kicks your [--] a few minutes later.

The one thing I wish Robertos had is Cotija cheese.

You will have to wait at night for a table, but trust me, it's worth it. Great food, amazing drinks all at a fair Mammoth price. This is my new favorite go to place.

Thanks Marie
Glad you came so far past the border! Please come and say hi next time your in

Reviewed March 6, 2012

The place is crowded but a great family restaurant. The food was very good & the service was great! The duck tacos, salsa & the margherita was excellent. Would come back again!

Roberto_cafe, Owner at Roberto's Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thanks Raska
Hurry Back!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

This place definitely lived up to the other reviews. I wasn't sure I'd like the "lite" margarita, but the charming waiter said I should try it and if I didn't like it could return it. OK, I did like it, a lot. They have a lot of lobster dishes on the menu, but what I really like is a tostada, so I asked if I could get a lobster tostada, and they agreed with no problem, and it was sooo delicious. The service was fantastic and quality of food great. The complimentary dessert they brought out for my birthday was a very large portion of friend ice cream with chocolate sauce. I will definitely go there again.

Roberto_cafe, Owner at Roberto's Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Thanks Nadler
We love hearing from you. We really strive to make your experiance a great one.
See you soon!