“This place is horrible.”
Review of Mammoth Creek Inn

Mammoth Creek Inn
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Mammoth Lakes
San Diego, CA
“This place is horrible.”
Reviewed January 10, 2006

The website was done well but the place is a dive. (Don't believe the website as the hotel is entirely different than portrayed.) The water in the shower was either scalding hot or cold. Hollow core doors are you only protection from the hallway. Is that even to code? Geeze... Dirty, old, unique staff (in the uncomfortable way) I could go on for days.... Stay somewhere else.

5 Thank gfinley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed January 10, 2006

How on earth this hotel recieved a four star rating is beyond me. We stayed at this hotel with a few friends last weekend, 2 other couples to be exact. There are a total of 30 rooms at the inn and we occupied 3 of the rooms (10% of the hotel), so I think we have a good idea of the room types and hotel in general.

The walls are paper thin, the shower constantly runs from hot to cold, the floor and tile are musty, and the breakfast buffet is less than stellar.

This may be the worst place we've stayed for the money we paid. I would recommend to pay an extra $20 a night and stay at the mammoth lodge at the resort. You'll get a much nicer room and will be a few steps from the slopes, instead of a 50 minute, sardine packed bus ride to the slopes from the Creek Inn.

I was asleep when we pulled in to the Creek Inn and when I woke up and my husband woke me up I thought he was joking. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

6 Thank gisellefinley
San Diego
Reviewed January 8, 2006

The walls are paper-thin and the bathrooms are old. The hot water ran out while I was showering. We woke up to our neighbors alarm among other noises. The bus ride to the Main Lodge took 40 minutes each way. For the same amount of money, we could have stayed closer to the Main Lodge or The Village. The Euro Style breakfast needs improvement.

6 Thank kureyn
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 10, 2005

We enjoyed the spacious room, the cleanliness, the kind staff, and location but thought their "hot tub" was horrendous. It smelled bad, was EXTREMELY noisy, and only was open at night. Overall, we would definitely go back!

Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
EASTPOINT, FLORIDA
Reviewed November 19, 2005

Helpful staff, Clean, pleasent rooms, plenty of parking, Restaurants nearby, Really,really needs an elevator. If you are over 65, stay on the first floor.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank floridabadger
Santa Monica
Reviewed November 11, 2005

I'm staying at the Mammoth Creek Inn as I write this. My ten year old daughter and her friend are sleeping in the same room with us because when we complained about the defective sofa bed on the main floor we were told that the manager looked at it and "that's just the way it is." Just the way it is is skewed at a forty five degree angle so that the girls were actually sliding off the bed to the floor. The whole thing started off badly, actually. After a seven hour drive we were made to wait by a slacker looking guy who stayed on the phone for ten minutes with a prospective guest who finally decided not to book. (The "manager" he referred us to later also seemed to be in his mid twenties and like he could care less). The reason I'm awake right now is that the plumbing on the other side of the wall is rattling so horrendously that it woke us all up, and I can't get back to sleep. I'm not going to bother to tell the desk, I'm sure "that's just the way it is." Accomodations are fine but nothing special. The view is nice but I'm willing to bet the view is nice from a lot of the places up here. I found this place on Trip Advisor and this is the first time it's let us down.

• Stayed November 2005
8 Thank cybergirl
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2005

We stayed here for two nights in October 2005. Mammoth Lakes is a fantastic loctation and the Mammoth Inn a good base. The rooms are clean, but the heaters a little vigorous and the plumbing in the bathroom a bit dubious. There is no breakfast included in the room price, but there are plenty of places to eat nearby. The staff are friendly and there is plenty of free parking. I'd certainly consider staying here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed October 2005