“reviews are accurate”

Slocums Grill & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Winter: Open Fri-Sat Closed Sunday. Bar opens at 4, Dining Room at 5. Flame-broiled Steaks & Fresh Fish * Hickory Smoked Ribs * Retro Italian * Ultimate Burgers & Sandwiches * Mammoth's Favorite Happy Hour 4-6 Mon-Fri and 4-5 Sat With reduced prices on Appetizers/Liquor)* Full Bar * Craft Beer * Private Parking Lot * Est. 1983
Houston, Texas
“reviews are accurate”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

the service is frighteningly good. we observed not only our waiters but other waiters not only introducing themselves and getting the names of each person at the table and remembering them. The food was the best we had mammoth. Even the salad was outstanding, the homemade bread was addictive. Our kid ate all of her food (spagetti and meatballs) and that never happens.

• Visited March 2013

Santa Barbara, California
“Really? Is it just the buzz not the food!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The person who appeared to be "in charge" when we asked about happy hour and eating in the bar acted like we were peasants. Well he said you have 11 min. To make happy hour but I can seat you in the dining room now....oh and the rest he didn't mention....my "over priced dining room".
I don't recall ever having a nearly $30 prime rib dinner where the cut was less than 1/2" thick, tough and just flavorless.
the waitress was nice but the same "I'm in charge" guy on our way out really didn't want to know how our meal was....so we left disappointed and will not return.

slocums, Owner at Slocums Grill & Bar, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Nomad, We sincerely apologize for your substandard experience at Slocums, I'd be upset too. I'd be very interested in hearing more if you wouldn't mind emailing me at slocumsgrill@yahoo.com.
Being located in a recreation/resort area we try hard to make sure our menu always has a wide variety of price choices that will appeal to just as wide a variety of tastes...the "something for everyone" mentality. Our current menu has 14 items priced between $3.50 - $10.50; 20 items priced between $11.00 - $20.00 and 8 items priced between $21.50 - $29.50.
So sorry we didn't get it "right" for you and your party, but I do hope you try us again and that you drop me an email. Cindy A. owner
San Clemente, CA
“Slocums Hokum”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

First night in Mammoth, decided to take the family out for a nice dinner. We went to Slocum's because of the online reviews. The wine selection was great. The kid's meals and the service was very good. The adult entree was cooked to order, but the cut of the steak was unimpressive and had excess gristle and fat. Great place for a salad or burger. I would probably try someplace else if I was looking for a steak after a day on the mountain.

• Visited February 2013
slocums, Owner at Slocums Grill & Bar, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Your 4 STAR REVIEW is greatly appreciated! But so sorry about your steak, that was definitely not up to our high standards. Did you tell your server about it? She should have had the manager take the price of the steak off your check. Please, please, please let us know, it's the only way we can fix a problem. We listen to our guests, it's why we've managed to stay in business for 30 years. Thanks again for taking the time to write, looking forward to your next visit. Cindy A. owner
Calabasas, California
“Mammoth Tradition”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Lots to choose from in the menu and large servings. Good prices on some nice wines. Too bad they don't take reservations, but we had little trouble getting in on a Saturday.

Visited February 2013
slocums, Owner at Slocums Grill & Bar, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
A great BIG THANKS for your 4 STAR "Mammoth Tradition" review!! And, especially thanks for pointing out our "good prices on some nice wines". My husband obsesses on bringing a good selection, mixing it up and still keeping it affordable...his motto is:..."wines priced to drink"!
Love your reviewer "pic", if that's the 5M Ranch, looks like an awesome spot. Thanks again, Cindy A. owner
Thousand Oaks, California
“Pretty good!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place was pretty good, as all restaurants in Mammoth are, in my opinion, hit and miss. They had a great menu selection and the drinks were good too. My only real complaint was the waitress did not bring out our dinners at the same time. There were 7 in our party and she delivered 5 of the meals, explaining that there had been a mix up in the kitchen and the other orders would be out soon. Well, it took more than a few minutes. Not sure what could have been done, but my husband and one of my daughters sat there for quite some time and watched us all eat!! Not good!!

• Visited February 2013
Thank you, big time, Cynthia for your 4 STAR "Pretty Good!!" review on Slocums!! Anytime our customers give us 4 Stars it really makes our day. But so sorry about the ticket mix-up, making your husband and daughter wait so long for their meals. Our usual policy is to offer a dessert, drink and/or present you with a complimentary appetizer card for your next visit. If this did not occur, please go to our website and email me your address so I can send something along. Hope we get "everything" right the next time you come to Slocums. Thanks again for your kind words and taking the time to share. Cindy A. owner